How to: Create an accurate static map s/m/l? and more.

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
nemra
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

How to: Create an accurate static map s/m/l? and more.

Post by nemra »

Hello
I have played this game back-to-back for 10+ years and never got to the point of joining a community but I have always felt there are lots of possible improvements. I did try search for answers and sometimes it gave me SQL errors and sometimes I came into old threads with no answer or none understandable for me.

Static maps
I'd like to make static accurate maps based on the sharts found on internet over A-B Quadrent, can I do it? if yes, how?

Converting minor to major race
I havn't started to read the UE tutorials yet but I asume I can convert vulcan from minor to a major race, adding ships and pictures from online archive based on ST: Enterprise?
At the same time converting Ferengi to minor race, making thier war crusier as basic ship and the +5 trade router +1 moral a special building.

New minor race
Would be nice to add Tellarite as a minor race.

More minor ships
I want to add more minor ships for a couple of minor races.

Terraforming
It possible to improve the terraform so you can run it several times so it switch class type, sure longer ingame process but more realistic.

General performance
I am running a W10 x64 using XP as compatible to make it run but the game provides horrible lagg, removing things from the overlay generally improves it a lot but it still feels clunky, I tried using the All-In-One installer but if I add any mod it tends to just make the game stop working completly so guess I have to adjust it all the long way?

Thank you for taking a moment checking this out.
- live long and prosper
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: How to: Create an accurate static map s/m/l? and more.

Post by thunderchero »

nemra wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:56 am Static maps
This was attempted once by mentat for UDM
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1256#p18034

it had fair results but due to the limited knowledge of all the saved game files game will become corrupt after 100 - 200 turns.
nemra wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:56 am Converting minor to major race
only if it replaces a current major. This has many file that need to be edited. The hardest would be if you elect to edit the sounds and opening video.
nemra wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:56 am New minor race

only if it replaces a current minor. and basically same type of editing as changing major.
nemra wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:56 am More minor ships
yes you can but AI is limited on how they will use them. Example minors will not use colony or troop transports so minors will never expand.
nemra wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:56 am Terraforming
It possible to improve the terraform so you can run it several times so it switch class type, sure longer ingame process but more realistic.

interesting concept if no GUI buttons are added it might be possible but no coding info available currently.
nemra wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:56 am General performance
I am running a W10 x64 using XP as compatible to make it run but the game provides horrible lagg, removing things from the overlay generally improves it a lot but it still feels clunky, I tried using the All-In-One installer but if I add any mod it tends to just make the game stop working completly so guess I have to adjust it all the long way?
If by "horrible lagg" you are talking about delayed mouse movement DxWnd fixes this issue on windows 10

If you are not using the All in One installer you should, just be sure to install "tools" first and select if you want to play game windowed or fullscreen. Then start installing the mods you want the desktop icon and icon in start menu/programs shortcuts when used game will start using DxWnd automatically.

have fun
thunderchero
nemra
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by nemra »

thank you thunderchero for the fast reply, I keeped on looking in the forum and I found some of the answers you provided, forgot to go back and add what I found.

I played around a little and manage to make it work a little but ehm, one could say I should've been more perfectionist and not make spaghetti changes :mrgreen:
nemra
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by nemra »

I went to our dev-op group at work and asked them a little about the changes and lets say they have now spent at least a workday trying to fix parts of the besc, now the game is lagg free, but we do not have someone to make the Vulcan modules but they will check with friends / ex-cos.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

nemra wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:07 pm I went to our dev-op group at work and asked them a little about the changes and lets say they have now spent at least a workday trying to fix parts of the besc, now the game is lagg free, but we do not have someone to make the Vulcan modules but they will check with friends / ex-cos.
you have me curious how/what did your "dev-op group" do to make "now game is lagg free"

please give full details

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”