A few general questions

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
Dewbacca
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

A few general questions

Post by Dewbacca »

There are various questions I keep my eye open for answers to, but have yet to nail down hard numbers. I thought I'd toss them into one post and see what comes up.

How many minors can be active/ available in a mod?

How many buildings/ structures can be in the game?

Can Minor races give you the ability to build something on every system? i.e. Mintakan farm that you can build one per system after membered. Gives +100 food

How many ships can the game hold?

Is there any value to reusing a model in the game? i.e. 3 Fed destroyers all based on Miranda model vs 3 different models?

Are there ship packs available of non-proprietary ships/ monsters? i.e. custom models that are not "Trek" based that can be imported to replace existing models?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: A few general questions

Post by thunderchero »

Dewbacca wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:10 am How many minors can be active/ available in a mod?
"30" no more no less
Dewbacca wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:10 am How many buildings/ structures can be in the game?
That is a tricky question. UE will allow you to add structures, but I am unsure if all the code locations have been found that are hard coded for structures. If you are doing a "no upgrade" you will have more than you would ever want from unused main structures.
Dewbacca wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:10 am Can Minor races give you the ability to build something on every system? i.e. Mintakan farm that you can build one per system after membered. Gives +100 food
Due to format of tech requirements this is currently not possible. I think those structures would not be limited to when minors are members.
Dewbacca wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:10 am How many ships can the game hold?
shiplist max 255
phaser slots 73.
63 that can be shared = 189
+ 9 monsters
+ temp slot, If temp slot is used properly and all ships match scale and phasers without any damage textures it is un-limited. see this topic
viewtopic.php?f=150&t=2272#p32044
Dewbacca wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:10 am Is there any value to reusing a model in the game? i.e. 3 Fed destroyers all based on Miranda model vs 3 different models?
depends on what you value. see your last 2 questions
Dewbacca wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:10 am Are there ship packs available of non-proprietary ships/ monsters? i.e. custom models that are not "Trek" based that can be imported to replace existing models?
officially no, but you may create your own ship packs with UE from mods such as delta quadrant mod or Babylon 5 mod ect. note some of these earlier models do not have phasers and may not show up on UE add/remove models.

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”