Drawing Board: Voyager via BotF

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
Dewbacca
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Drawing Board: Voyager via BotF

Post by Dewbacca »

I've admired Mods like AAM that embrace the legacy of canon ships, and Mods like UM and UDM that updated the game from TNG era to DS9. Often I have wondered how you would interpret the Delta quadrant and the voyage of the USS Voyager in the BotF format, and I have to admit, I don't have any concrete plan for how to do it. Just passion for the game, desire to give the game and community a breath of fresh air, a new gaming experience from a warhorse long ago thought past it's prime.

Occasionally I have had the dumb luck to stumble upon an out of the box idea, so I remain undaunted by my many failures and proceed with infectious optimism.

The first insurmountable task I can plot out is victory conditions. Voyager and her crew started out far from any base and "goal" was always to get back home. They never set out to, nor attempted any real "settlements" or colonization effort.

A) Start with no homeworld, infinite range, limited speed and rely upon diplomacy, minors, membered minors and superior tech to reveal map and win diplomatic victory? I don't know if that can be done.

B) Alternate Universe, Voyager starts with one bare system and has to build an empire and research ability to communicate/ return to Alpha quadrant. I think we can do that one.

Excellent resource for Delta quadrant races >> Here

Good candidates for Majors would be Kazon, Hirogen, Borg and Species 8742
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Drawing Board: Voyager via BotF

Post by thunderchero »

good luck with your efforts,

A) doubt if that is possible.

B) interesting but difficult to do advanced tech starts.

this was attempted in Delta quadrant mod by DigitalMaleficus, but was never popular.

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”