Edo Guardian and borg cube

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
PecanPicard
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Edo Guardian and borg cube

Post by PecanPicard »

Hello all. Is there any way with ultimate editor to be able to build the edo guardian and the borg cube? Using ultimate editor via ship stats I can modify borg cube build to the federation, acting as a command ship. But when I actually play the game and try to build the borg cube, the game crashes. Same for the edo guardian. And if it is possible to do so then rather than editing botfres every time selecting the next major power I want to play could it be made such that after the Edo become a member race, you can then build edo guardians on every planet in the empire? I hope this doesn't require an indepth approach. I recently just picked this up again and realized the modding community has come quite a way since I first played this game over a decade ago. Thanks all.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Edo Guardian and borg cube

Post by thunderchero »

more than likely you are using a larger resolution so you need to create additional images see this topic
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3557#p47791

if you took those models from UCWL there is an error with phasers, but the UCW version has correct phasers
PecanPicard
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by PecanPicard »

I've not changed my resolution, maintaining the old 800 X 600. Using ultimate editor modifying borg cube ship stats from stbof.res; function changed from 'aliens' to 'command ship', built by changed from 'aliens' to 'federation', and behave as if built by changed from 'aliens' to 'federation'. I'm able to see the borg cube in the shipbuilding list however, once I select it for building, trek.exe crashes.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

If I read you post correctly, you can not do that the cube (or any aliens) must stay as an alien.

you need to fix what you have done or better uninstall and re-install game

then export borg cube and add it with a different prefix. The T01 (or any T**) prefix is special and can not be used by anything other than an alien.
Peelster1
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Peelster1 »

There is an outdated mod called "Borg Mod" that changes the game so that the Federation builds the monster ships. Outposts are the Edo Guardian. Amazingly the Borg Cube does no damage when attacking a system. (Wish I knew how to mod that in UE without changing the ship's normal stats.) You will need to do a manual install as this mod is not supported by All In One. I was only able to get it to work by completely overwriting my vanilla installation of BotF. Below is the link for the download from this website. If you're looking to play as just the Borg, I recommend checking out Galaxies Mod in the All in One installer as well as Resistance is Futile.

https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/get- ... &file_id=2

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”