ECM MPR++ Crash Windows 10

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: ECM MPR++ Crash Windows 10

Post by thunderchero »

yes but only if MPR++_demo_ECM_4.0_patch.exe installs properly.

but lets not jump ahead.

right click MPR++_demo_installer_0.2.6c.exe and select properties and select "run as administrator"

The installer should start and select "ecm normal" from dropdown menu and install

when that completes right click MPR++_demo_ECM_4.0_patch.exe and select properties and select "run as administrator"

The installer should start and select install

if you get any errors at this point (and I expect you will) you may need to disable your antivirus to allow installer to run.

this last step is up to you but it sounds like where you are having issues.
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

It worked! I don't know what could have happened before. I followed the same install order minus the large map patch. Thank you very much for your patience and taking the time to walk me through this. Now I just have to remember how to get all the old ships in from UDM like the Excelsior-class. I hope you don't mind if I have to ask more questions about that process if I hit a speed bump later on.
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

The only other thing now is the mouse movement and speed of the game is so slow in UDM. Any way to increase performance?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

JeanLucPicard1 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:16 pm It worked! I don't know what could have happened before. I followed the same install order minus the large map patch. Thank you very much for your patience and taking the time to walk me through this. Now I just have to remember how to get all the old ships in from UDM like the Excelsior-class. I hope you don't mind if I have to ask more questions about that process if I hit a speed bump later on.
I hope you do not plan on adding them to MPR++.......

that is a very complicated process and will cause issue if not done properly

most user try to add ships normally with UE and this only adds the non MPR++ models and causes crashes in combat.
JeanLucPicard1 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:20 pm The only other thing now is the mouse movement and speed of the game is so slow in UDM. Any way to increase performance?
if you don't plan on installing MPR++ to UDM you can install "tools" (DxWnd) and start game from the DxWnd shortcut.
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

I hope you do not plan on adding them to MPR++.......

that is a very complicated process and will cause issue if not done properly

most user try to add ships normally with UE and this only adds the non MPR++ models and causes crashes in combat.
I did it before with ECML and MPR++. I think you actually helped me out with that too. It's just been so long I have to try and remember what I did. But it was all working in ECML. I had the Excelsior, Galaxy-X, K'Tinga etc. all in there.

Also, I need to reinstall Ultimate Editor on this laptop. But I know I need the Java SE runtime environment. But they want you to create an account now? I thought you could get it before without having to create an account. Not that its a big deal but I don't know why they want you to create an account if you're not buying a product or service.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

UE only requires SE download from here

https://www.oracle.com/java/technologie ... loads.html
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

Do you have a copy of Java SE I can use? They are asking for private information I don't want to give out on Oracle's website.
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

The license has changed for releases after April 16, 2019.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

I just updated mine and I do not have an account.

https://www.oracle.com/java/technologie ... loads.html

select Windows x64 Installer download on right
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

Don't worry. There must be a glitch in their system and was able to download the application without registering.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

before you ask here is post where you asked how to add models to MPR++

viewtopic.php?p=41411#p41411
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

Wow, you found that old post from when I asked way back when? You're very resourceful :)
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

Hi Thunder,

So I tried to replicate the process for adding UDM ships to ECM which I managed to do before. I used the same process but the game still crashed as expected. I started off by adding the Excelsior-class. When I go into the build menu and hover the mouse over the Excelsior, the game will crash.

I created an MPR++ ship pack from UDM install with 1920_1080 resolution for ECM with same resolution. I then imported the Excelsior to an empty placeholder (HU_) in Ultimate Editor. Then I updated the HobMappings.xml by adding the line "hob name="hu__a.hob" target="fed_Excel"/>" Finally, I went into the shiplist and associated the TGA file for the Excelsior with the ship. So I can see the Excelsior under the ships tab in research but the game will crash if I go to it in the build queue.

Also, I noticed that the ships in the build queue are all using the Vanilla TGAs. I don't recall them using the old ones before. I thought they were all updated to the new ones like in UDM. Do I have to manually add all the TGA files to stbof.res?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

JeanLucPicard1 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:00 pm Hi Thunder,

So I tried to replicate the process for adding UDM ships to ECM which I managed to do before. I used the same process but the game still crashed as expected. I started off by adding the Excelsior-class. When I go into the build menu and hover the mouse over the Excelsior, the game will crash.

I created an MPR++ ship pack from UDM install with 1920_1080 resolution for ECM with same resolution. I then exported the Excelsior to an empty placeholder (HU_) in Ultimate Editor. Then I updated the HobMappings.xml by adding the line "hob name="hu__a.hob" target="fed_Excel"/>" Finally, I went into the shiplist and associated the TGA file for the Excelsior with the ship. So I can see the Excelsior under the ships tab in research but the game will crash if I go to it in the build queue.

Also, I noticed that the ships in the build queue are all using the Vanilla TGAs. I don't recall them using the old ones before. I thought they were all updated to the new ones like in UDM. Do I have to manually add all the TGA files to stbof.res?
correct this was expected with new resolutions they require special images for build screen (size/name)

UE never has been updated to create shippack with those images

see this topic
viewtopic.php?p=47791#p47791

you will need to extract the Excelsior-class i_***_c.tga and rename it to i_hu__c.tga then add it to the ECM stbof.res with UE.
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

Is that the same for ships like the Galaxy? In UE it shows the modern TGA but in-game still shows the old TGA. And if you look in the files it has the old Galaxy as i_hh1_c.tga
Galaxy.PNG
Galaxy.PNG (48.54 KiB) Viewed 3383 times

Galaxy_Old.PNG
Galaxy_Old.PNG (60.47 KiB) Viewed 3383 times

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”