Problem With Ultimate Editor

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Problem With Ultimate Editor

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

I am having a new problem with Ultimate Editor. Every time I go to the slot for the Galaxy Command Cruiser II, the ship list in the left hand pane will disappear. I tried deleting UE then extracting a new copy but it didn't help.
UE_Problem.PNG
UE_Problem.PNG (46.64 KiB) Viewed 3546 times
Lathon
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Problem With Ultimate Editor

Post by Lathon »

JeanLucPicard1 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:24 pm I am having a new problem with Ultimate Editor. Every time I go to the slot for the Galaxy Command Cruiser II, the ship list in the left hand pane will disappear. I tried deleting UE then extracting a new copy but it didn't help.

UE_Problem.PNG
This will be fixed in the next release of Ultimate Editor. It has to do with the length of the string of the Name of the vessel. I expanded it from 40 to 80 characters long, but I do not know what the length cut off would be in game.
Dewbacca
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dewbacca »

Trying the editor out I noticed it doesn't like playing with the buildings in Balance of Power. It says some value is not found related to dilitium build and refuses to save any changes.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Dewbacca wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:21 pm Trying the editor out I noticed it doesn't like playing with the buildings in Balance of Power. It says some value is not found related to dilitium build and refuses to save any changes.
this is due to special code Gowron used, here is a patch to allow you to edit with UE (remove with bof_patcher) but once you make changes you need to re-apply with bof_patcher.
bop_reset.patch
(435 Bytes) Downloaded 100 times
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

this is due to special code Gowron used, here is a patch to allow you to edit with UE (remove with bof_patcher) but once you make changes you need to re-apply with bof_patcher.

bop_reset.patch
I have the same problem. What patch or code needs to be removed in bof_patcher? There's dozens of them.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

JeanLucPicard1 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:23 pm

bop_reset.patch
I have the same problem. What patch or code needs to be removed in bof_patcher? There's dozens of them.
the patch that you can download from the post that you quoted from. "bop_reset.patch"
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

I already downloaded the patch. 'm asking what to do with it in bof_patcher. Your instructions to Dewbacca were vague. Should I just patch over Gowron's BOPL trek.exe?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

put the patch in a new folder so it will be the only patch botf patcher will see.

before editing with UE
open botf_patcher
use the browse button for "trek.exe" to navigate to BOPL trek.exe
use the browse button for "patches" to navigate to new folder with bop_reset.patch
select patch
select remove
select apply

after you edit with UE
open botf_patcher
use the browse button for "trek.exe" to navigate to BOPL trek.exe
use the browse button for "patches" to navigate to new folder with bop_reset.patch
select patch
select install
select apply

note: don't forget to close botf_ patcher or UE will error when saving changes due to trek.exe is open in a different program.
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

I followed those instructions including putting the bof_reset.patch in its own folder and locating trek.exe. But, nothing happens when I click install then apply. I still get the same "modification" error when using UE.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

before editing with UE you have to "remove" edit/reset code with BOTF_patcher. Not install.

BTW you are talking about structure, Unknown modification "dilthbuilding1" ?
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

Sorry for the delayed response. I did click remove then apply. I click the buttons but nothing happens. I made sure bof_reset.patch was in its own folder, so it was the only patch bof_patcher saw. Then I opened UE and I still get the, "Unknow trek.exe modification found" and "Segment not found: dilithiumBld1" error messages.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

the only thing I can think of would editing BOP trek with patcher and opening BOPL trek with UE.

or a permission issue not allowing botf_patcher to make changes?
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

Okay, it must have been a permission issue like you said because I chose run as administrator and I am now able to edit in UE. I will not make any changes tonight though since I'm going to retire. I'll let you know if I have any further issues, but I think it should work for now.

By the way, I also wanted to know if the number of starting planets could be reduced in UDML. I have tried asking for the answer but no one seems to know. Isn't there a way to change the starting seeds so there's only 3 planets at tech level 8?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

JeanLucPicard1 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:37 pm By the way, I also wanted to know if the number of starting planets could be reduced in UDML. I have tried asking for the answer but no one seems to know. Isn't there a way to change the starting seeds so there's only 3 planets at tech level 8?
hex editing required

see this post
viewtopic.php?p=41034#p41034

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”