UDML Less Starting Planets

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

UDML Less Starting Planets

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

Since I can't play ECML anymore due to the fact the old files are no longer hosted here and I lost the installer, I'd like to make some changes to UDML to make it more like ECML. Is there a way I can change the starting seeds so there's less planets? I would like to have one at tech level one and three at tech level 5 like Vanilla. Can I also reduce the number of starting ships down to three again for the home system?

Also, is there a way I can migrate ECML from my old laptop to my new one without cables? I had that version of ECML setup perfectly.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: UDML Less Starting Planets

Post by thunderchero »

JeanLucPicard1 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:51 pm Also, is there a way I can migrate ECML from my old laptop to my new one without cables? I had that version of ECML setup perfectly.
Important!!!!
install same resolution to new system
Important!!!!
if you had MPR++ installed, install MPR++ before coping files

then copy stbof.res and trek.exe to the ECM folder and it might work.

if that does not work, I don't know what else can be done.
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

Is there a way I can tell what resolution is installed on my old laptop? I remember I used BOTF 1.02 English/German installer, then ECML 3.0, then MPR++2.6c.
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

I tried your suggestion already and it didn't work. It looks like ECML is a loss. Are you planning on making an ECML installer ever again? Maybe I already asked, but why didn't you include ECML in the All in One installer?

In the meanitime, would I be able to edit trek.exe with HXD or another hex editor to change the number of starting planets and ships in UDML?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

JeanLucPicard1 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:23 pm why didn't you include ECML in the All in One installer?
because the developer (Spocks-cuddly-tribble) of the mod did not want it part of his mod.
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

Okay, is he even around anymore?

So, is there a way I can edit trek.exe for UDML so I can have three starting planets at tech level 5 and less ships?
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

JeanLucPicard1 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:14 pmOkay, is he even around anymore?
Since I'm recently hardly able to support the forums (leave alone updating ECM) :sad: , I don't see myself in the position to call the shots wrt multi-installer ECM. So any reasonable requests supported by thunderchero count as auto-approved by myself.
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

Since I'm recently hardly able to support the forums (leave alone updating ECM) :sad: , I don't see myself in the position to call the shots wrt multi-installer ECM. So any reasonable requests supported by thunderchero count as auto-approved by myself.
Do you have a copy of ECML 3.0? I lost my only copy when I accidentally erased the data on my external HD. I have not been able to locate another copy here, and Thunderchero does not have one either. I really loved ECML because the ECM map is too small and eliminated a lot of bugs that came with Vanilla. Its also great when combined with MPR++. If you have a copy, could you please post here or PM me. Thank you.

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”