Auto terraforming planets once colonized?

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
Deimos
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Auto terraforming planets once colonized?

Post by Deimos »

Hey all

So just a quick question

One of the more tedious aspects of this game is the constant clicking to terraform star systems.
One of my favourite mods unfortunately has a lot of planets in each system, so to terraform a system involves a lot of clicks!
I was just thinking, minor systems automatically terraform planets over time, could this system be added to, or linked to any colonized system?
That way, all you'd need to do is terraform at least one planet and/or colonise right away and over time, the other planets would slowly be terraformed automatically.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Re: Auto terraforming planets once colonized?

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Technically, one could insert a call of the minor race terraforming code into the empire pop growth code if the current max pop is reached.

But I wouldn't do it. The main winning condition in BotF is controlled total population (albeit due to bugs and exploits it's in fact credits and ships).

Meaning you should always fully terraform all systems ASAP and produce food for the system maximum pop (to max out pop growth):

See: viewtopic.php?p=3895#p3895
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Deimos
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Deimos »

Ahh interesting, thanks! I just though it would cut down on the tedium of having to terraform each planet individually.
slickrcbd
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by slickrcbd »

I know it isn't possible, but it would be nice if the colony ship had an "auto-terraform" function similar to how the Civilization series Settlers have an "automate settler" option.
So you tell the colony ship to terraform the system and it automatically does every planet, instead of having to micromanage and command it to do each planet individually.
I'm not saying it would take any less time, and you could still do it manually if you wanted (so you could prioritize which ones get done), but if you selected "auto-terraform" it would automatically pick a planet and terraform it, then start on the next planet without further prompting and you'd only get "terraforming completed" when the system was done.
Deimos
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Deimos »

Yea that would be nice, I notice that function exists in the Supremacy game.

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”