Wormholes, Territory, SectorClaimCheck

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: Wormholes, Territory, SectorClaimCheck

Post by Tethys »

I might still have a look at it. Depends how well the info is hidden. I'd have to start by analyzing shipyard and station effect on range, and also how range works by itself, before even beginning to make any modification. Could apply a station or shipyard type of code to wormholes. But then all wormholes regardless of endpoint would see range on the map. A check would need to be introduced, using the explored/unexplored by majors code. Once explored, the range is added to usable range (would prevent locating all wormholes on turn 1). I am (somewhat) familiar with stellar objects, less so for wormholes. Remember I had an idea to make wormhole "planets" and get them linked to map stellars.. analysis did not go well at all. I considered also giving no endpoint wormholes an endpoint non-returnable (blackhole, nebula, etc) But perhaps now I know how to read a bit better so a second shot wouldn't hurt at all I don't think ;)

Your idea would likely need to be done via wormhole ID, which I believe is hard to get because its dynamic data? So there's that obstacle for me to overcome. Never been good about that stack info stuff..
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Sounds promising! But do your choise carefully to not end in another minefield.
For more advanced topics, better familarize yourself with high level programming and with advanced code injection mechanics.

Oh and regarding the bashing squads sent by TC. Just mount some sign pointing at your neighbours house or exchange your address letters a few days and you are out of trouble. ;)
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

thunderchero wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:05 pmyou never said, so to be clear the "guys" asked me "knee caps or fingers"?
Just don't send again those cannibalic, leg amputating Orcs. That's a bit over the top.

On the other hand, you endured the same with the shiplist monster issue, so I think the less we know the better...
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Updated patch file names and descriptions. Also altered the topic reply titles for easy searching.
Flocke wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:49 am Sounds promising! But do your choise carefully to not end in another minefield.
For more advanced topics, better familarize yourself with high level programming and with advanced code injection mechanics.\
Now that you mention it, I think there is an easier task of adding more planet types to the game. I suppose we should see how that pans out before trying to add the intricacy of a new ship type. Planets pose a fair challenge, one which should exceed stellar project. And I have begun an analysis.

As for advanced programming.. that's something for someone with a college degree and time to kill, both of which I don't have LOL. I am pretty satisfied making these small ASM changes. I think the hardest part is the amount of information I have to go through to reach final destination. Building the code is easy when 75% of stuff is known in a given subroutine (less if you're SCT ;) ). Usually, though, the subroutine is only maybe 20% identified at most. Legwork to say the least. Still, though, as far as I can tell, that's necessary knowledge even if using the advanced programming. I will leave the advanced stuff to the guys with blue uniforms.
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”