Planet Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

drokmed
Ensign
Ensign

Planet Mod is still the best

Post by drokmed »

Just my two cents...

I keep trying all of the mods that come out, and I keep going back to the original vanilla version. Plain is best.

The Planet Mod is faster, much faster than plain. It's plain on steroids. Massive increase in population potential for the plain game is fantastic, the best mod ever...

I must admit, I prefer to play single player against the AI, from tech level 1. Start at the beginning, and go for the win. On small maps, the game doesn't go much above turn 100, with the planet mod, of course. With plain vanilla, it can take a little longer, around turn 150 or so. How anyone can get to 300+ turns against the AI is just dragging it out for points......... boring!!!

Anyone else still enjoy playing vanilla against the AI? And start at the beginning, i.e. tech level 1?

To be fair, I enjoy "All the Ages" mod immensely too, though it's far from vanilla. I can choose any race, and from tech 1, progress equally challenging. I just checked my hall of fame, and i'm hesitant to admit that "All the Ages" might be more balanced than the original vanilla version! Kudos to the mod developers.

Yay planet mod :)
drokmed
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Planet Mod is still the best

Post by drokmed »

Here is my hall of fame for planet mod, added to vanilla:

okay can't insert pics to this forum? hmmm
QuasarDonkey
Code Analyst
Code Analyst

Post by QuasarDonkey »

I've never played Planets mod, but I'll give it a try. I play mostly vanilla too (small galaxy from beginning tech, against AI). I like the short games, and I get kind of frustrated with longer games. As an example, I played a game of Balance of Power recently, small galaxy, beginning tech. It lasted around 1200 turns :?

But vanilla has its flaws too, namely all the bugs.

P.S. To post images, you need to host them elsewhere (I use ImageShack.us; it's free) and embed the link to the image in the img tag.
drokmed
Ensign
Ensign

Post by drokmed »

Here it is:

Thunderchero 361 turns seriously? I wouldn't waste my time dragging it out that long.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

that file is the same for all mods and vanilla and I only edit names not scores. as a joke lol

thunderchero
drokmed
Ensign
Ensign

Post by drokmed »

lol roger that

Return to “Planet Mod”