DCER & Jigalyfuff's resistance is futile borg mod.

Resistance Is Futile Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

DCER & Jigalyfuff's resistance is futile borg mod.

Post by stardust »

hmm, I'll try and make this sound passable at least :oops:

Basicly the Ferengi have been replaced by the Borg. Your home system is unimatrix zero and basicly you go forth rampaging across the galaxy bringing order by assimilating other cultures, though diplomacy is also an option if you so choose.

Most of the ships you control are borg, but you still have the Ferengi non combat ships. weather this will be resolved in a future mod i don't know right now.

I love how the modders got round the Assimilation philosphy with the Borg. Basicly the Borg research structure are useless, even at advanced they'll have an output of 1 or something miniscule. the idea being you conquer other races and use their research structues instead, hence assimilating their sum knowlegde into the collective.

Also, on this theme, when you attack a system, it's still conventional bombardment backed up with troop transports, though 'attack system' has been relpaced with 'Assimilate' in the commands box.

You can't assimilate passing ships like the Borg does in the TV series, that too is down to conventional battles but the borg you play as are as beatable as any other empire you face on the battlefield.

Furthurmore, the borg have a special structure, on their homeworld, the Borg Vinculum if i remember right (yell at me if i'm wrong) which gives a +50 boost to morale empire wide. So once you've conquered a star system, this kicks in and the sujugated system's morale is up into the loyal quadrant of the morale chart. Because drones have no concept of morale, it is an irrelevance to the collective.

They also have a structure that can enhance industry outputs by 50% on all their colonies. (yep they can colonise planets still)

It's a well thought out mod as far as playing the borg are concerend bearing in mind the constrictions of the origional programming of the game.

I know a few ships from the other empires have been tweaked, and given better graphics but the full details of which are in the readme that comes with the mod. But i can say from memory the federation have a re-textured outpost that looks a lot better than vanilla, and the Cardassians have the Hutet cruiser to play with.

One more thing. If you play with the random events on you'll might run into an amusing encounter. The random events borg might just show up and bother you irresepective of you playing as the borg.

Again, anything i've missed out here i do apologise, my memory isn't the best in the world at times :lol:
Last edited by stardust on Thu May 15, 2008 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
matress_of_evil
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander
Location: South Wales - Not The Australian One, The Other One!

Post by matress_of_evil »

stardust wrote:Most of the ships you control are borg, but you still have the Ferengi non combat ships. weather this will be resolved in a future mod i don't know right now.
Wouln't it have been better for the developers to keep the Ferengi ships then just change the textures to look like they'd been Borgified?

By the way, where can people get this mod from? It's not in the downloads and I can't see it on the forums... :?
Check out the latest news for Star Trek: Supremacy, Birth of the Empires and more at Star-Trek-Games.com!

"Anyone without a sense of humour is truly at the mercy of the rest of us."
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Right i've edited this post again as Jigalypuff's told me i've made a teeny tiny error with this...

It looks like this mod isn't in the downloads at the moment, but it was a fun one anyway, i'll have to try borg incurion V3 as i obviously haven't treid it yet.

As for the ships in this mod, that would be a nice idea, but instead someone took the trouble to make ships like the sphere ship and the tactical assault cube you see in Unimatrix zero pt. I and II
Last edited by stardust on Thu May 15, 2008 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

My 4shared folder
jigalypuff
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by jigalypuff »

you`ve gotten the wrong mod there, borg incursion is my mod, the one you`r writeing about here is dcers resictence is futile mod. i know this as i never changed the research stats. And i`m fairly certain i changed the colony ship as well :)
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

geez, i really have made a hash of this now, I'll have to try the V3 mod then as it's clear i've not tried it yet :)

EDIT: ....I've done what i should have done earlier and started up the mod.

it is the resistance is futile mod, Jigalypuff, but the main screen says it's a joint venture by DCER and yourself.

I'm going to leave these reviews to those who know what they're doing :lol:

My 4shared folder
jigalypuff
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by jigalypuff »

dcer credited me as he used my models, but it`s his work and his mod :)
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Well that explains that one then :lol:

i can't believe what an idiot i've made of myself with this.

My 4shared folder
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

I didn't think anyone played that, took it off my 4shared folder long time ago.

If I remember correctly it had the *.mod extension. The newer versions of UE can't open those anymore, because I figured there's no need for another botf mod installer after all. You might still be able to open it, if you rename it to .res though, but the installer is gone.

You should try v3, Jig did some nice updates on the ships, the Borg no longer have Ferengi ships if I remember correctly :)
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

I got hold of this from the old forum, before it went down.

I'm been giving v3 a go this evening, It's running quite well.
I had one crash when trying to hail a federation scout but that's a glitch i have with most mods when i encounter a lone scout. Tactical runs fine for me otherwise.

It's still got the ferengi troop ship but the rest are all borg now :D

I love being able to march through the universe and not care what anyone else thinks :lol:

My 4shared folder
sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

One Idea, would be to change the borg random event to say the planet killer, or change the description of the borg random event to "Renegade Borg" like in TNG with Hughe and Lore.
Like the bad guy from so many horror films,

I have returned
Army40
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Army40 »

jigalypuff wrote:you`ve gotten the wrong mod there, borg incursion is my mod, the one you`r writeing about here is dcers resictence is futile mod. i know this as i never changed the research stats. And i`m fairly certain i changed the colony ship as well :)
Will have to try this mod as well...does it work well with Hades 2.2?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Army40 wrote:Will have to try this mod as well...does it work well with Hades 2.2?
hades must be installed before mod. and you must change the new textures from the mod files (any gif file that is 512x512) to 256x256 after you add mod. you can check this by opening res file with winrar. Then extract all file to a folder. then copy all gif file to a empty folder and sort by diminsions and delete all gif but 512 x512 gifs, then edit them in adobe or any program that can change diminsions to 256x256. Then add new textures that are 256x256 to res file with winrar. then you are ready to play

thunderchero
Army40
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Army40 »

thunderchero wrote:
Army40 wrote:Will have to try this mod as well...does it work well with Hades 2.2?
hades must be installed before mod. and you must change the new textures from the mod files (any gif file that is 512x512) to 256x256 after you add mod. you can check this by opening res file with winrar. Then extract all file to a folder. then copy all gif file to a empty folder and sort by diminsions and delete all gif but 512 x512 gifs, then edit them in adobe or any program that can change diminsions to 256x256. Then add new textures that are 256x256 to res file with winrar. then you are ready to play

thunderchero
No wonder it crashed on me earlier on....tks Thunderchero
jigalypuff
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by jigalypuff »

borg incursion v3 does not need hades.

Return to “Resistance Is Futile Mod”