New Stargate mod

Stargate Universe Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

flsh
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

New Stargate mod

Post by flsh »

Hi all,

since there wasn't really any news to old stargate mod, i decided to start modding the game myself. Now, there's still a lot to be done, so I'm asking if anyone is willing to help. When I started this, it was supposed to be played on my computer only, but i figured someone else is waiting for something like this too.

I never liked BOTF battles so I always have combat to AUTO - that's why you won't see any stargate 3D models in this mod (that is unless someone is willing to make / find and add them)

So for now, this is how the mod stands..

Federation is replaced by the Tau'ri
Romulans -> Asgard
Klingons -> Goa'uld
Cardassians -> Ancients
Ferengi -> Wraith

Tauri Ships are Prometheus class, Deadalus Class and F302s
Goauld Ships are Gliders, Pyramid ship, Hatak ship, Apophis mothership and Anubis mothership, alkesh
Ancient ships Destiny, Aurora, Asuran destroyer, Siege ship, puddle jumper
Wraith ships Hive ship, darts, cruiser and supply ship

and im currently still adding asgard ships so..

I do have some questions though. I'm not really familiar with modding anything and this is my first project.
1. Can you change planet names without crashing the game?
2. Can you change major and minor races names?
3. With UE you can change race description, but how can i change the main text that pops up when you make first contact with another race?

4. This one would probably be the most important one. How can you change MAJOR race relationships with one another, so let's say ancients and asgard (cardassians and romulans) are more opened to like each other from start and make peaceful treaties while there's better chance to hate wraith and goauld (ferengi and klingons) from start?

I'm sure i'll post more questions. That's it for now, if anyone want's to help .. welcome

Return to “Stargate Universe Mod”