Page 4 of 4

Re: Thunderchero's Multi-player mod

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:53 pm
by Badbru
I've been playing this mod single player and have some feedback. The first version of scouts don't scout, they don't see beyond the square they're in. Was this deliberate?
The Klingon BOP scouts,either version, don't fire their torpedoes, a range issue or something else at fault here?
As Klingons I'm getting alot of combat crashes, more so than other races and more so than in other mods.
Tried the order "cloak" during a battle as was down to my last K'Vort and thought maybe I can cloak this turn and retreat next, it caused a CTD.

Other than those issues I like it.

Re: Thunderchero's Multi-player mod

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:28 pm
by Final Run
I'm not sure how many people still play this mod, but it has already become my favorite so far. As for the visual changes in general, I did like them, but I do miss the originals. Does anyone know of a way to bring back the original textures for planets, ships, etc?

Re: Thunderchero's Multi-player mod

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:45 pm
by thunderchero
you would need to extract originals files from unedited stbof.res then add them to stbof.res of Thunderchero's Multi-player mod.

planets use ****.ani
ships and stars use ****.gif

note since some ships were added these may need to be double checked since file names might have changed.
pay close attention to fm3, hh2, hh3, hl1 gifs
also palette would need to be reset for each gif that is changed.

thunderchero

Re: Thunderchero's Multi-player mod

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:17 pm
by Final Run
thunderchero wrote:note since some ships were added these may need to be double checked since file names might have changed.
pay close attention to fm3, hh2, hh3, hl1 gifs
also palette would need to be reset for each gif that is changed.
How do you reset palettes? I can't find the option.

Re: Thunderchero's Multi-player mod

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:44 pm
by thunderchero
Final Run wrote:How do you reset palettes? I can't find the option.
edit/graphic/palette

select each gif that the palette is wrong and select "use own palette"

this will take some time to do all of them.

thunderchero

Re: Thunderchero's Multi-player mod

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:21 pm
by Final Run
thunderchero wrote:
edit/graphic/palette

select each gif that the palette is wrong and select "use own palette"

this will take some time to do all of them.

thunderchero
Yes that seemed to do the trick! :smile:
I opened up the mod and I think I got the ships down, looks to me that the models I wanted changed were replaced. However, i'm still trying to extract the original planets but I'm having a lot trouble with this on the UE.

Re: Thunderchero's Multi-player mod

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:32 pm
by thunderchero
Final Run wrote:i'm still trying to extract the original planets but I'm having a lot trouble with this on the UE.
planets or suns?

the suns are a little more difficult.
you would need to also extract the solar*.hobs (6 of them) and original gifs.
but you may need to reset the the hob files to proper gifs
edit/graphics/Hob files for each of the sun hobs

thunderchero

Re: Thunderchero's Multi-player mod

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:42 pm
by Final Run
thunderchero wrote:planets or suns?
I might do Suns, but I'm looking to change planets.

Re: Thunderchero's Multi-player mod

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:51 am
by thunderchero
explain problem you are having?

from vanilla (unedited stbof.res) extract all files with the extension of .ani (around 73 files) in UE sort by file type.
then add them to Thunderchero's Multi-player mod stbof.res with UE

thunderchero

Re: Thunderchero's Multi-player mod

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:12 pm
by Final Run
thunderchero wrote:from vanilla (unedited stbof.res) extract all files with the extension of .ani (around 73 files) in UE sort by file type.
then add them to Thunderchero's Multi-player mod stbof.res with UE
I'm not so sure what was troubling me at the time, but i've got it working. Thanks for your help!

Re: Thunderchero's Multi-player mod (updated 9-26-16)

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:18 pm
by thunderchero
9-26-16

Due to the AMD video driver update that conflicted with the replacement sun animations the file was replaced.

no version change
no game play changes

Thunderchero's Multi-player mod