Multi-Game/Mod Installer Project updated 4-9-2009

Multi-Game/Mod Installer Project Info; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Endar
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Endar »

Thank you thunderchero.

I see I downloaded a .rar file. Does this need to be extracted or unzipped?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

yes they all need to be unziped /unrared then just run exe.

thunderchero
Endar
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Endar »

It works!

Now, I think I need to download the mods I want... Call this a learning experience.

I may be up all night...

Thank you for this.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi everyone,

Just to let everyone know both english and german 1.0.3 installers have been updated same link as before and no version change.

just uninstall older version and install new version.

This was done to correct single hex code error. And am hoping this will cure ferengi trade bug that has gotten in to 1.0.3.

Good thing is it was a small download.

thunderchero
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Well i did my full re-install and had a mess around with things. i haven't touched anything on the 1.03 settings yet, but i have had a bit of a play around with UDM III (changing a couple of ships...i replaced the Xindi as a minor race with the Remans)

Still having a problem with occasional crashes on viewing ships in the research screen but tactical combat is stable so i'm chalking up my problem to the pc being silly

On a comic note, using UE 6.8b i changed a couple of federation ships, and somewhere along the way it decided to mess with the scale for the cardie ships....imagine my shock when i see a Galor class ship so big it filled most of the screen :lol: easy enough to reset though.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
war800
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by war800 »

I might of found a bug with the multi-game. after having all the different mods installed, and setting them all to software (or so i thought), the game continued to crash even though i knew it shouldn't, because before the multi-game installer's it worked fine. but i than noticed that in the main botf folder (1.02? game?), the graphics was set to 3DFX, and after changing it back to SOFTWARE, all the different mods work fine. not sure if your aware of this
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

war800 wrote:I might of found a bug with the multi-game. after having all the different mods installed, and setting them all to software (or so i thought), the game continued to crash even though i knew it shouldn't, because before the multi-game installer's it worked fine. but i than noticed that in the main botf folder (1.02? game?), the graphics was set to 3DFX, and after changing it back to SOFTWARE, all the different mods work fine. not sure if your aware of this
not sure what happened to you but 3DFX is not even used by installers unless you install hades 2.2

thunderchero
war800
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by war800 »

thunderchero wrote:
war800 wrote:I might of found a bug with the multi-game. after having all the different mods installed, and setting them all to software (or so i thought), the game continued to crash even though i knew it shouldn't, because before the multi-game installer's it worked fine. but i than noticed that in the main botf folder (1.02? game?), the graphics was set to 3DFX, and after changing it back to SOFTWARE, all the different mods work fine. not sure if your aware of this
not sure what happened to you but 3DFX is not even used by installers unless you install hades 2.2

thunderchero
i did install hades 2.2 before i installed the other mods (don't ask why, i already knew i couldn't have it on 3DFX).
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi everyone,

I just noticed Multi main installer has reached 1000 downloads :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would like some feedback for improvements this is still a few months away but need to get things started.

I will start with saying hades will be removed from main installer and option will also be removed when installing mods. A seperate download for hades 1.1 and hades 2.2 will be available for those who still want to use it.

next is there any older mods you would like to see as a multi mod?

also not sure if this will be done (this would be done just to decrease size of main multi installer) but make english only and german only main installers this would make download about 250mb instead of 450mb. Note: might need more time to get error checking in place for this option.

everyone give me some feedback

thunderchero
sec31
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by sec31 »

there was a mod in which you beginn with older ships and end with the newest....don't know mod name, but i'm missing such a mod.
BOP, UCW & UDM are really really well, they made me playing BOTF again.

but it would be nice if there is one mod where you start (f.e.) with nx-class, pre-intrepid and then constitution, hermes, saladin, ambas., challenger, excelsior, chayenne, galaxy, sov.....and so on

i tried one time to create such a mod, i also changed tech-pics and tech descriptions (DUOTRONIK, WARP 5 DRIVE, PHOTONIK TORPEDOS, PHOTON T.,TRI KOBALD, QUANTUM T.), when i wanted to create own ship models i failed and later i had to spent more time on schoolwork....
i know that there are not many ports for the ships (about 127?), so i thought it would be better to put out one race (ferengi....^^)...but after a time i noticed that the mod doesn't function, because there were so many problems....

now I'm playing bop, ucw & udm....i'm very happy and put my hands away from such things =(

....back to topic...i think it is the colonies-mod...not sure
CptSaavik
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CptSaavik »

the link for the multi installer is broken is there a new one?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

link is not broken, use internet explorer or if already using internet explorer right click on link and save as.

thunderchero
CptSaavik
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CptSaavik »

thunderchero wrote:link is not broken, use internet explorer or if already using internet explorer right click on link and save as.

thunderchero
ahh thx i will try this then
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

stardust wrote:Still having a problem with occasional crashes on viewing ships in the research screen but tactical combat is stable so i'm chalking up my problem to the pc being silly
I have the same problem. Always, I mean always, crashes when I'm looking around the research screen. Very frustrating, to say the least. My solution is to just memorize what I need to research.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

@ Mickar

Thunderchero came up with a solution that cured my research woes a little while ago..

http://armadafleetcommand.com/onscreen/ ... opic&t=677

Feedback and mods...well i'd say the Borg Incursion mod might be good. Mind that said i know there's an issue with it and UE not letting you alter ships stats/ models. ( i forget what the reason was for that now)

Mirror mirror's another suggestion i'd make.

think i'll wander over to the chat forum and do a poll see what others think.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder

Return to “Multi-Game/Mod Installer Project Info”