How to Download and Mount botf.iso on a Virtual Drive

How to Download and Mount botf.iso on a Virtual Drive; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

How to Download and Mount botf.iso on a Virtual Drive

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

If you are reading this post I suggest you try the Multi-Installer

The new MULTI installer is a complete install of 1.0.2 with all patches and no cd or iso is ever needed (installl or game play)

here is link and how to install.

uninstall what ever verision of birth of the federation you have installed.

then
delete "BOTF" folder in the original install path if it was not removed by uninstaller.

first
download multi main installer 1.0.2

You should use a download manager since file is so large "download them all" for firefox is very good :wink:

Main Multi Installer 1.0.2 download page

install "BOTF_1.0.2_English_German_e.exe" use vanilla install option and default install path.

No patches are needed They have already been added to new installer.

check to make sure new vanilla install is working properly by playing a few turn and 1 or 2 battles.

Now you are ready to download and install any other mod from this page.
Multi mod page 1
or this page
Multi mod page 2

this is all you need

thunderchero

Original post by trevtones
trevtones wrote:Well I noticed that we lost this thread from the old site. Cleantoe said he would do up another tutorial but that was his only post, so I've decided to do it. I only use daemon tools so if you want to use alcohol 120% or another mounting software just substitute.

Before starting you should also make sure you don't have BotF installed and that the BotF folder is deleted off your hard-drive.

Step 1: Download BOTF.ISO from this site (you'll have to be logged in to do so) and save it in a new folder on your hard-drive, BotF ISO sounds like a fitting name for the folder. Then unzip botfiso.zip using winzip or winrar, google them incase you don't have one installed. You should have botf.iso in that folder now.

Step 2: Download DAEMON TOOLS LITE 3.47 and install it on your computer.

Note: The first version, Daemon tools lite, didnt work for me so scroll down and get the 3.47 version.

Step 3: Once daemon tools is installed you should see a red lightning icon in your notification area. Right click it --> go to VIRTUAL CD/DVD-ROM --> go to Device 0: [*:] No Media --> go to mount image --> find the folder that contains BOTF.ISO and select it. If everything is done properly this should run setup and botf should start to install.

Note: The [*:] is [F:] for me yours may be different.

Step 4: Now all that's left to do is go to the botf folder and create a short-cut for trek.exe and send it to your desktop. At least that's what I do. Now take your CD out of your drive and put it away, it'll be a collectors item soon afterall!!! :lol:

Note: I did this on an XP Pro computer but it should work the same for all versions of XP and Vista. If you have a problem or if it didn't work feel free to PM me. Also I'm sure I've left something out so feel free to add what I've missed.

yeah and don't forgot to install jokers patch from HERE in download section.

older post from this topic can be found here "Mount botf.iso on a Virtual Drive old posts"
viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1790
Last edited by thunderchero on Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

I'm glad I still have my original botf cd. :D
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

It took 3 seconds to type in "how to mount an iso" in youtube and surprise, surprise. I found a video which shows how to do so ;)

here it is:
how to mount an iso

This and trevtones' description in thunderchero's post should bring some light into the darkness.
flatwhite
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by flatwhite »

hello! i just wanted know if the main installer works with windows 7?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

flatwhite wrote:hello! i just wanted know if the main installer works with windows 7?
from what has been posted I would say 90% it works other 10% have video card issues. most use software setting and run as administrator. some run in compatibility mode (xp or 98 ).

same percent for cd/iso install works.

thunderchero
flatwhite
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

thanks!

Post by flatwhite »

thanks!

Return to “How to Download and Mount botf.iso on a Virtual Drive”