Ok, installed Warzone, now what?

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Ok, installed Warzone, now what?

Post by HsojVvad »

Ok I installed Warzone. I don't have a clue what to do. I am trying to have a game with somone and they said I need Warzone. I got it now, intalled it and went in it. I was all alone so I can't continue any futher.

My question now is, does BotF already have to be on and then I alt-tab out? Or will it launch automatically when we click to start the game?

If that is the case, how does it know wich BotF to start? I got 1.02 AAM and anthour one I believe. How does it know what to start?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Should I uninstall everything and reinstall it again now? I can't even remember what I have and in what order. I think maybe I should unitnstall everything and then reisntall, but in what order should I do it in?

I would like to play multiplayer but I also want to be able to play AAM and UDM 3
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

That's why we go to the Other Games Lobby instead of the BotF Lobby, cause there you can choose game and with multiinstaller also the mod.
To start a game, just open a room, select game if in other games lobby, and the one that opened the room has a launch button to actually launch the game (will launch automaticly).

Make sure the DXPort test in utilities tab of warzone works and ports pass, disregard 47624 if it seems to bug you, the port test always has some troubles with that port. If ports don't pass, configure your router and firewalls. Look around in the forum, here are already some topics about. ;)

good luck and hf :)
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

HsojVvad,

viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=43

there is some info on getting you started on wz. hope it helps

and yes - lobby is OTHER, not botf...
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

Thanks ruthless, I read it 3 times now. It helped. Now I just hope it works. I went to Warzone, and I was alone, and clicked on start. It started BotF for me.

Now my question is when I went to create a new multiplayer game, it just took me to the regular screen you get without using warzone. Is that what I was suppose to do? If not, then what? If I am suppose to do this, then what do I do?
PRIUSQUAM PRAESENS DAMNATUS SALVENS :
HIC HOMO NESCIENS. QUAE FUTURA EST ?

EST PLANE VANUM?
MAGNIFICANDUM?
ERROR AUT SANUM?
O FORTUNA EST!
QUA?
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

i'm in there now if you want to test it
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
ruthlessferengi

Post by ruthlessferengi »

HsojVvad wrote:Thanks ruthless, I read it 3 times now. It helped. Now I just hope it works. I went to Warzone, and I was alone, and clicked on start. It started BotF for me.

Now my question is when I went to create a new multiplayer game, it just took me to the regular screen you get without using warzone. Is that what I was suppose to do? If not, then what? If I am suppose to do this, then what do I do?
the proof is in the pudding: does dx test work? you can find it under 3 rd tab, utilities.. then we can check connection. don't forget you have to assign a static ip, won't work otherwise

after start, anybody in your room is a part of a network. you then go to mp game, chose new game and then others join you, like any other mp game
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry

Return to “Multiplayer Games”