the tournie

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

the tournie

Post by RSE_Dissy »

:o why did you cancel it and delete all the posts? There was so much potential there
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

I would like to hear a reason as well! 8O
Even though there might be a reason that you, thunderchero, havn't time for organize and manage it anymore cause of whatever, you should have given others the chance to do it for you or should have changed date or whatever but shouldn't have deleted all the posts about! The rules and stuff from discussion could have been reused!
*really mad* :evil:

Now I can tell all the people I've recruited for the tournament it was deleted without of argue and I dunno about, like it was a bad joke one... :?
trevtones
Commander
Commander

Post by trevtones »

This tournament was supposed to be a good thing. I don't know why all of a sudden everyone is upset. It would have been cool having a tourney, it's just too bad it caused all this controversy.

Thanks to thunderchero for his effort but I can understand that he doesn't want to be stressed out over this.

I don't know how to go about it now but I would still be interested in playing!!
Don't let your reach exceed your grasp! :mad:
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

Absolutely ridiculous Thunderchero, I appreciate your effort for wanting to to set up a tournament, but even as a moderator should you really just delete all those posts because you "can't be bothered"?

As Flocke mentioned, that's now a waste of time and effort.
trevtones wrote: I don't know how to go about it now but I would still be interested in playing!!
If people are willing and still want to play, RSE can propose proper tournament rules/structure and how to go about it. We would just need someone to oversee it as I do not have sufficient time to do that but I will have a word with Dissy and hopefully can count on your help too Trev?

Lets get a real tournament going.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

trevtones wrote:I don't know why all of a sudden everyone is upset.
who is everyone and upset about what? about cancelling the tourney or about the rules there have been?
For the rules, nearly all people seemed to accept them. Dunno what pm's have been around, but the recent public discussion was only cause of thunderchero asked about some changes and made that poll.
Noone stated that he won't accept that rules.
And just deleting all stuff taht have been said about the tournament is a real bad behavior. Everyone interested in the tournament should get angry about this. It's a big difference between just cancelling the tournament as part of being not able to do it himself and preventing others to take over by deleting all stuff. He could have just closen the topic and editing first post and title with an short argue like having trouble at home and not wanting to talk about in public (or whatever it is).

trevtones wrote:It would have been cool having a tourney, it's just too bad it caused all this controversy.
That there would be controversy about rules, all should have been known before. You often get such controvery in normal mp games as well.
The public controversy was quite small and about pm's i can't tell. They simply could have been ignored cause such controversy should be public to everyone that wants to argue, too.
trevtones wrote:Thanks to thunderchero for his effort but I can understand that he doesn't want to be stressed out over this.
I agree on that one - you never know what will happen and there always could be reasons for not being able to manage such.
trevtones wrote:I don't know how to go about it now but I would still be interested in playing!!
I myself might have thought about joining the team for managing this and setting a new date, but by deleting all the stuff it would get more complicated now. This week I have no time to plan things but now it would take some more time anyway.
Recancel cancelling would even more confuse right now, I believe...

Hope we'll have the tournament one day.
trevtones
Commander
Commander

Post by trevtones »

RSE_Chris wrote:We would just need someone to oversee it as I do not have sufficient time to do that but I will have a word with Dissy and hopefully can count on your help too Trev?
Yeah I'm not giving up on this so easily because it is a good idea. As long as AFC.com still lets us coordinate on here I'll help.

We don't need to be attacking each other on here and I dont know what the talk is about PM's but I havent recieved any. I just woke up this morning and the thread was closed. :(
Don't let your reach exceed your grasp! :mad:
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

trevtones wrote:We don't need to be attacking each other on here and I dont know what the talk is about PM's but I havent recieved any. I just woke up this morning and the thread was closed. :(
Same with me!
But I don't like the way an "RSE-tourney" is introduced right now!
It should have been an afc tournament, not an RSE one, so I wouldn't accept just overwatching and accepting RSE rules for an RSE tournament!
Make it an tournament for everyone or I'm out...
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

I think your missing the point, Flocke.

It is a tournament for everyone, they are just rules "proposed by" RSE from tried and tested measures and from the discussion lastnight which was deleted.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

I got it right and remember the rules that I didn't like and I would never accept them being just set this way after all this discussions.
Sry, being rules set by RSE I'm out as well as many others I believe...

rules should not just been proposed and overlooked but if you want a tournament with me, go on where we have been before or open a completely new discussion.
Last edited by Flocke on Wed May 21, 2008 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

Flocke wrote:I got it right and remember the rules that I didn't like and I would never accept them being just set this way after all this discussions.
Sry, being rules set by RSE I'm out as well as many others I believe...
So you would have restrictions set on the game as discussed on the other thread? what is the point in changing the foundations of the game? If I remember rightly you were against a 3 player scenario. This way would give 1on1 and leave botf untouched, why change it.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

sry, I edited this one:
Flocke wrote:rules should not just been proposed and overlooked but if you want a tournament with me, go on where we have been before or open a completely new discussion.
Yep, I started liking the rules as most seemed to do I've talked to.
Why? Cause it's ment as a tournament of fun!
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

Flocke wrote:sry, I edited this one:
Flocke wrote:rules should not just been proposed and overlooked but if you want a tournament with me, go on where we have been before or open a completely new discussion.
Yep, I started liking the rules as most seemed to do I've talked to.
Why? Cause it's ment as a tournament of fun!
Re-instating my previous comment, discussions on rules caused the demise of the original tournmant.

You do not need a tournament to get players together, play ridiculous settings which change the very essence of botf which will end up being 2vs1, that is not a tournament.

As for the tournament being fun, 1vs1 is fun, 2vs1 is not.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

I didn't want a tournament just to find out who's "best"!
You'll never get knowing that this way and cause we'Re not that many players it would be senseless.
It was ment to give people chance for experience and to get together. To have noobs trying how good they are and to have one winner in the end.
It should be as fair as possible, but more important was having fun!

botf is not a professional sport to fight.
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

Flocke wrote:I didn't want a tournament just to find out who's "best"!
You'll never get knowing that this way and cause we'Re not that many players it would be senseless.
It was ment to give people chance for experience and to get together. To have noobs trying how good they are and to have one winner in the end.
It should be as fair as possible, but more important was having fun!

botf is not a professional sport to fight.
Then it is not a tournament, and you keep saying fair, this is the fairest way, 2vs1 is not, im confused with how you think it is.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

as i stated your version of 1vs1 isn't more fair, cause all games will differ and everytime it's a random map!
you could have a go with very different and unequal start conditions and that's much more unfair than having a 3ffa with defined maps where everyone will play each race one time.
Having 3ffa instead of 1vs1 makes it more interesting cause of diplomatics and people that play for being the winner would always fight their biggest enemy and for that agree on affilation with the ones near to knock out.

For finding an end there were game masters if people don't get it theirselfes.
Normally two weeks should be enough for 3 games, especially on t5 small to medium map.
But if not, game masters would find an solution, I'm sure.
And I've had 1vs1 games taking a month or longer, that's not assuring play time.

It may not be your definition of tournament.
Your definition is having old time tournaments, that's all.

Return to “Multiplayer Games”