having problems with MP game

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

maelmorholt
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

having problems with MP game

Post by maelmorholt »

Hello everyone!

I´m new in this MP games, and i´m trying with my PC and my laptop (the two machines are connected via a router here in my home).

The thing is that both machines are connected to WarZone and I host a new game and change the parameters and put only 2 players.

Then I click on launch and the games begins.

The other computer connects ok to the game, pick an empire and then, when I click on the Accept button to begin the game, it tells me "All players must select an empire before the game can begin"

Can anybody help me, please?

I´m kind of lost...

Thanks!

M.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Cause both of your computers are connected to same router, you CAN'T use warzone! For playing botf on warzone you have to forward the directplay ports to your pc, but you only can assign ONE pc, not TWO, so this doesn't work.

Instead you simply start botf yourself, click on multiplayer, choose Host or join, select TCP/IP as connection type and if joining print in the IP of the host pc of your lan (local network). Often you can even skip typing in the IP, but it doesn't harm to type it in. To figure the lan ip of your host pc, have a look at it's network connection details or properties, or open a command promt (e.g. execute "cmd") and type in ipconfig /all

and don't forget to configure (or disable if disconnected from internet) your firewalls

good luck
maelmorholt
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Re: having problems with MP game

Post by maelmorholt »

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far aw... oops! sorry can´t begin with that here :P

Ok, when I asked for help Flocke really helped me and I started playing with my two computers via a network game.

But now I cannot do it. The Win7 computer (not the XP Hosting) says "Connection error"

Can anyone kindly helpme again?

Thanks a lot!

M.

Return to “Multiplayer Games”