TOURNAMENT SEASON 1 - RULES

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

sean_west
Commander
Commander

TOURNAMENT SEASON 1 - RULES

Post by sean_west »

Hello BOTF Fans, player, modders "and other transgendered species" (data - Star Trek Nemesis)

I have read every post about the tournament, (including those we no longer have.)

Since this is our first season, I have chosen the rules to make life easier when it comes to organising and finding a winner.

I would suggest that the champion form Season 1, hosts Season 2 and so on. This way, each Season will have a fresh feel, and we can incorporate changes. In other words, if people do not like anything about this Season, it can be changed next time.

So here are the rules for Season 1:

1. All round 1 games will be 1 on 1.
This will make it easier to organise games. Depending on numbers, round 2 may be more than 2 player!

2. There will be no preset maps (due to possible pre-game editing)
Maps will be random. (If this is cr*p, we can do preset next Season)

3. Round 1 will be SMALL, IRREGULAR, FEW MINORS, EASY AI, T5, NO RANDOM EVENTS.
(This will give noobies a fighting chance, as they may be able to join with the AI!! The aim is to be the only human player left)

Round 2+ will be MED, IRREGULAR, FEW MINORS, NORMAL AI, T4, NO RANDOM EVENTS.

Final will be MED, IRREGULAR, NO MINORS, IMPOSSIBLE AI, T4, NO RANDOM EVENTS.

4. Players will be grouped into 2 groups of similar playing time, America and Europe. pairing will then be chosen at random from these groups. NO swapping partners. If you think you will loose, then go all out and make your opponants life hell, what have you got to loose.

5. Once Paired, you will have TWO weeks, (14 day) to complete your game. Once completed, both player must email "botf@live.co.uk" stating who they played and their result. In addition, the hosting player must send auto.sav along with their email. If you can not complete in two weeks (with out valid reason), the tournament will carry on without you.

6. The champion will recieve FULL bragging rights!!!!

7. HAVE FUN.

These are a mixture of everyone views, some people will hate rule 1, others will hate rule 2 etc. There is no point flaming or backing out, look what happened last time...............!!!

After the tournament is completed, we will discuss the pro's and con's and ammend Season 2. By changing each Season slightly, every should be very happy with the rules by the time we reach Season 50...... (I am serious :D )

The discussion have been had and listened to, so this Season is set.
All players must register HERE by 1st JUNE 2008 (01/06/2008) midnight (Eastern US Time - GMT-5) I will assign players and PM the results to your AFC mail, along with a copy of the rules and settings.

All Results must be emailed to "botf@live.co.uk" by the same time on the 15th June.

Round 2 will then begin on the 16th. This round will have a 1 week deadline due to the reduced number of player.

Round 3+ date to be announced.

Lets sign up as many players as possible, unless you are afraid of getting beaten!!

The challenge is thrown to you gentlemen. Who is the BEST? If you say it is you, PROVE IT.

Sean West.
Like the bad guy from so many horror films,

I have returned
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

moved message as requested by sean_west

Ok, A slight Update on starting of tournament games.

If either player has CR*P starting systems and both agree, then you can start over.

For round 2+, if you get cr*p systems it is just luck of the draw. Why? those who make it to round 2 have already beaten 50% of botf players, and round 2+ is to seperate the admirals from the cadets!

Return to “Multiplayer Games”