LAN Games.

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

blobo23
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

LAN Games.

Post by blobo23 »

Hey. Well this is my problem:

Me, my father and sister want to have a LAN game, unforuntatly due to all being on the same router we cant use eWarzone. So we decided to just use directip. First we got into a game and by round 7 it said on my computer (nobody elses) that somebody had became unsynced. So we just took it for a fault in the game, made sure our firewalls were off and started again. Got into another game and then by around 5-6 it said that "???? had disconnected" when they hadn't at all..

We then seen people say hamachi would be good to try (on this forum) and we installed it and tried it out thinking how to work it. (Somebody sets up rooom, people join said room, to gain that IP, person who set up room then creates the network game, then they all join normally) But that didnt work either, due to us not even being able to connect.

Ive searched the forums and can find nothing to help us! Any ideas?
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Welcome to AFC!

I'd say try solving your lan problem. Sync errors normally don't happen out of reason in lan games. Try getting a two player game to work before playing with three pc.
If you're using a wireless connection through your router, it's highly probable that it's the culpret, so connect to your router by cable.
Beside of that, make sure the exact same botf version is installed on all pcs.
Also double check that there's no additional firewall feature disturbing, often people just have to restart their computer after disabling or closing the firewall to really deactivate it.
Also assure there are no other programs running that might disturb your connection.

Hope this helps, good luck! :)
blobo23
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by blobo23 »

Thanks :). Ill see how it goes next time we decide to play. Also quickly, how do you actually use Hamachi?
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

blobo23 wrote:Also quickly, how do you actually use Hamachi?
I doubt it's a good idea to use it, however, the joining players should just type in the host's hamachi ip on connection like with direct ip and wait some seconds to see the game, cause all data gets first sent to the hamachi server, then back.
If all of you are marked with green dots in hamachi, your connection normally should be fine and it should work. ;)

Return to “Multiplayer Games”