2011 mp tourney/fest 1, - jan 29,30 - to be continued:)

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

ahem 4 am your time would mean 9 am GMT time on Sunday morning. brrrr i don't remember he last time i got up before 11.30 am on that day
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

well, early rise was rewarded by a great game. Flocke and i played bop, small universe, ferengi (me) vs roms... i've chosen wrong strategy off the start and instead of building ships did real estate investement... flocke did a very impressive armada building and by turn 25 ferenginar fell - and with it a single source of dil.. oh well, well done Flocke, lesson re-learned for me, many more to come...

rf
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

thanks for the warm-up ruthless :mrgreen:
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I should get another router within the next week (at least I hope so). but have to wait for the end of my friends vacation first...
ruthlessferengi

well, our second game was only marginally more favorable for me - but i still cherish the hope of total ferengi domination over romulan hordes... hope dies last, but alas, this is all i have doing lately complements of Flocke:))

Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

sry dude, I told you rom is superior to ferg on t5 already after first fight where we had same settings but small map, but you didn't want to believe I guess or love punishment! Nm if small med large or huge. well on large and huge I think I'd surrender to the amount of ships and systems I'd have first.

Also you're playing much too defensive, I already conquered 7of9 klingon main systems turn 25 or somethin and you nothing. My fleet is twice as strong as yours and I'm sure I even have more money by lightening ai.

But hey it's a fest, enjoy your punishment! :D
ruthlessferengi

well, i had 3 great games of BOP on saturday with Flocke. He won all of them = played well and was great fun... Great massive battles, no battle crashes at all (great work, Gowron)... shook me out of the stupor - while ferengi have changed - with no ram they are a tougher race to play, i was reminded that if one does not play regulalry, it is hard to get back to mp:) Flocke beat me hard so I have catching up to do. Thanks to Flocke for shaking me out of my stupor. I have Carcher and, may be, Dr_Breen or Kingy tomorrow morning, then i am off for a week, wz wise. still probably have hamachi access though... but keep playing, it's a wonderful game.

carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

sry rf i got up late
just enterd wz a 9.50 am, i guess you got fed up of waiting and went to bed.

cant say i blame

sry again
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

thank you for these 3 joyful games ruthlessferengi,
I got asked by Krazee to take some screens, so here's last battle and turn after:

I also want to thank ai for all the credits to pay my fleet and all the dilithium I had from start on as a romulan. Although ferg has been able to compensate dil shortage faster this time, he still needed some turns where I already could use my fleet to demand money from ai, so that's a big advantage with game only taking a few turns. ;)

About the battle, think my 30 light cruiser did help alot, but I wouldn't call ferg ships weak, they perform well in a massive fleet, but mine was bigger. :twisted:

cheers!

p.s. have to agree, combat really performed pretty stable in bop, even with switching to desktop for the screenshots :)
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

carcher and i had a short game playing BoP medium T4. when we reached turn 40 he had to leave so we decieded to meet at mintaka for a battle. the fleets were quite equal, i (cardassians )had about 40 Battleships II together with 1 of his vor'cha classes and a hand full of destroyers (lost about 15 of them in a previous battle against the romulan AI grrrr). Carchers fleet had a few command ships less but more destroyers.

after surviving the klingons initial cloaked attack with 3 lost destroyers i started setting each battleship to ram one of his k'tinga /vor'cha class, but after about 6 of them i was a bit confused not knowing wich of his ships already were set as a target. so i took the easy way and set the rest to strafe. of course this was a misstake and i should have been a bit more patient as the battle ended up as i expected as soon as i hit the turn button. my fleet was destroyed and the klingon fleet was still 60-70 percent intact.
ruthlessferengi

pretty impressive stability of bop - in our games with Flocke i had 40 upgraded maurad and 40 upgraded strikers vs his 56 birds and about 70 lights - and the battle was very stable on many turns, even when i pressed evade (!) on some of my ships when we replayed the battle the second time around...

Dr_Breen, my impression was in current version of BOP ships die on ram which makes a huge difference compared to the previous editions of the mod...

at any rate, i'll have hamachi access while on vocation for the next week and will be in WZ (but only be able to play hamachi) between 11am-2 pm GMT 0, and 6-8 pm GMT 0 all week long, so stop by, load up hamachi, we'll play.
Last edited by ruthlessferengi on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

well the botf fest got of to a great start, just what we needed :) well done ruthless ,great idea.
I've played dr breen, krazee xxxxxxl :D , but still to finish that game and used hamachi to play my real life buddy cansan, happy day's :) :)
lets keep it going. c ya tomorrow krazee i'll be in wz about 7pm gmt ish
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

Flocke (klingons) and i (cardassians) just had a BoP medium T5 match but as it became late now we decieded to have a final battle at turn 25. unfortunatly it crashed when we hit the end turn button. We both were spamming ships like hell and demanding money from the Fed and Ferengi AI. we both never met the Romulans tough. At turn 25 we both had about 40 command ships, together with like 30 destroyers.

As cardassian i had to figure out, that I had to have like twice the ammount of ships as the klingons in order to stay superiour to them as there are 2 big disadvantages:

1: The klingon Battleships can withstand a tech 10 Orbital battery in Bop, whilst the Cardassian battleships can't, so i had to spam destroyers in order to use them as canon fodder, when attacking a system.

2: The Klingon fleet can only be attacked when they want to be attacked, as they're cloaked, and once you attack them you cannot ram them as their hull is twice as strong as the cardassian hull.

however my intel was quite good, and i could easily penetrate the klingon internal security.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Dr_Breen wrote:however my intel was quite good, and i could easily penetrate the klingon internal security.
yes and you did very well!
I had to reassign population to max intel and attack cardassia to end your sabotage! :lol:
And this time it's been quite hard to acquire credits, in the end I set all systems to produce trading goods, so had to either kill your fleet or conquer your systems soon.
With further cat & mouse play, maybe you'd have had a good chance to win, but the battle crashes with you really annoyed me. Dunno what's been wrong. :roll:
ruthlessferengi

well, carcher and i started an epiic game... ferg vs fed in bop on large... expect a torrent of cash and human casualties, if my grand plan works... i pretty much have to relearn how to play my long-eared friends from the scratch - tactical to micro:) and hamachi sucks.. so hurry up, Flocke, finish off your network engine dude..:))

Return to “Multiplayer Games”