new tournament rule disscusion part 2

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion

new tournament rule disscusion part 2

Post by ruthlessferengi »

i am ok with crap system - it's not being overly familiar with T4 level that is trouble :) due to time constraints, I haven't played a full t4 game in mp (or in sp, in fact) - in 5 years :))) man, am i dead of what... that's is, if i make it in the first round :) but t4 level games are fun, no doubt - take way more finess then t5... even in sp - i hate to admit it...
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

you'll be franticly trying to get the tech to upgrade your War Cruisers, Ruthless..the mark I's are useless for anything by the time you reach t4 territory.
The other empires will at least have some sort of upgraded cruiser to play with at t4.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
ruthlessferengi

i'll be frantic, all right :)

garek
Ensign
Ensign

Post by garek »

anyone who thinks ruthless is going to be any less dangerous at level 4 is underestimating him. He will be trading with out treaties and raiding and bribing his way to victory and his raiders will be buzzing around like flies making his oposition wish they had stayed home.
i don't think ruthless is much of cruiser man but if he could steal some k'vorts i am sure he would use them effectively
Check your 6 a sqadron of K'vorts is decloaking
The_Nighthawk
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by The_Nighthawk »

Ruthless is the only person I've played in MP, so I don't have much in the way of reference points, but I got my ass handed to me. He won't be any less dangerous T4, but anything that takes him out of his comfort zone will be a help. :P
Playing BoP whenever the wife allows!
trevtones
Commander
Commander

Post by trevtones »

T4 is fun but it changes things pretty dramatically. Cardassians become almost useless in a T4 game, at least in my opinion. Their ships are too slow and their research is brutal.

I've been busy over here and haven't been following along very diligently so does anyone know the tentative date for the tournament to start???
Don't let your reach exceed your grasp! :mad:
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

i think t4 is a good idea - it will unbalence a few of the T5 players

I normally love nothing more than a t45555 botf vs ai at impossible and reasearch is a real issue - however tip

If you see a minor near you with a research bonus conquer them immediately and set up the cardy labour camp and re-education asap.....get there bonus asap

Also your big ships are pants slow and costly (we all know the stats) - neroks and netels are very cheap speed is two and try the swarm tactic of ramming.....bang them out at full speed in the short term (use phantom) till you get your endgame big guns ready....then make the klings,roms etc pay for every inch of space by ramming them senseless.....you know there gonna come early....very early 8O

jbl
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
ruthlessferengi

i am taking notes... great to know there is crowd of adoring fans outthere ready to pounce and tear... gulp... nice signature, JBL.

sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

Ruthless reminds me of "Puss in Boots" from Shrek 2.

He is sitting here with those big old eyes saying that he is no good, but is just luring you in until he strikes!

I think ruthless could be capable of holding the title of "DEADLY", and I think that some people are going to be creamed.
Like the bad guy from so many horror films,

I have returned
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

sorry splitting sean_west addmendment to rules did not work like I wanted.

thunderchero
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

I've found on a t4 game there's one or two ships in particular that's just out of reach to start with but if you can get hold of will make a huge difference to the outcome of the game for each empire.

I've already mentioned the Ferengi War Cruiser,

the Klingons you really want to get their destroyer upgrade, attack cruiser or k'vort if you're lucky,

federation you can get the constellation going or the upgraded galaxy class without too much effort,
i'd even be tempted to push the boat out and get the galaxy x if you don't have to worry about diverting reserch into intel at the time, because of their research abilities.

Romulans you'd best be aiming for the warbird or get your destroyers upgraded,

and the cards, that's tricky, you desperatly need to get the heavy cruiser just so you can get something with a bit of speed, hard though it will be to get hold of it quickly, failing that the battleship for it's shield/armour combo. it's slow but it's a brute.

grab any of these before the AI or opponent can get theirs and you're laughing :Lol:

My 4shared folder
trevtones
Commander
Commander

Post by trevtones »

The cards need to get destroyerII's so you build fleets of destroyerI's and hopefully survive long enough to research destroyerII.
Don't let your reach exceed your grasp! :mad:
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

true, they'd be quick enough and strong enough to hold their own against an oppo's fleet but they aren't much cop for orbital assaults, which was what i was focusing on when writing at the time.
i rarely bother building them.
If i'm the cards all you'll see from me are the heavy cruisers ambling your way :lol:

My 4shared folder
ruthlessferengi

trevtones wrote:T4 is fun but it changes things pretty dramatically. Cardassians become almost useless in a T4 game, at least in my opinion. Their ships are too slow and their research is brutal.
i know what you are saying... however, playing cardi i just had a very surprising encounter - just got sol and the other planet, have one 1 vet cruiser II and 1 destroyer I - parked waiting for reinforcement when 6 ferengi war cruisers show up.. ai was dumb, no doubt, cause they lost that battle - kept going in weird cpt Picard style fly by/show me your ass formations, so i smoked them... the battle left me with a cruiser held together by duct tape and smoke... on next turn - with half the hull and 3/4 sheild but elite level - i see 3 more war cruisers and 3 light raiders waltzing in...- fortunately, i had another destoryer I come up ... i don't know, but when all was said and done, i still had my cruiser I.. It was aptly named, Cold Blood A.. Grade A ship, i tell ya... also, once you get destroyer II, 18 of can deal with pretty much anything but borg... so not all is lost for cardies... trouble is, it may take 50 turns to get there:))

edit: just when i got some hope, Cold Blood "curdled" in glorious (but pathetically predictable) encounter with 4 cloaked rom heavies... in two turns i had 20 klingon and 25 ferengi capital ships hovering over what would became (in two turns) a dead carcass of Cardasia. A golden hatch of 18 brand spanking new destroyers I did not materialize into the next generation universal plague and all was lost:)

ruthlessferengi

stardust wrote: If i'm the cards all you'll see from me are the heavy cruisers ambling your way :lol:
question remains, will you live to see the day? 7 levels of reseach in a hostile universe - i doubt... :)

Return to “Multiplayer Games”