mp update this week...

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion

mp update this week...

Post by ruthlessferengi »

well, this week has actually been pretty busy mp wise - i had 6 mp games and all in all we had a ton of fun... last game with DarkHorizon aka crazygoopdog was a challenge - udm3, he was kling i was cardie - on impossible, med, t4 - we struggled with morale as it usually goes for impossible settings. I build up some fabs to get the production of hc2 from 13 turns to at least 9 and this took me 15 turns or so... it paid off since on fanatical setting it took me only 6 turns to churn one out on 40 fabs 520 pop planet... however, i had to build battlecruisers 2 to start to get minor battles and build up morale... klings were separated from me by feds and dh came out swinging with 4 cloaked imperial ships type 2 at turn 10... this was a bit of surprise as i only had 3 battle cruisers ... basically hounded me for a long while eventually having 7 heavy cloaked vet ships over my planets as i tried to build up some fleet... he resisted my intel for a long time until i had to build up more intel units and elevate morale to fanatical...

he made an error in halting his production and he stopped having many battles - so his morale sagged towards the end and by turn 60 he had 15 heavies - vet and elite... also, he did not bomb my colony and that where i had intel stockpiled....

i amassed 35 heavies, reserach 2 of 3 levels for hc3 production and went on to take over his colony that he used to get range... by then i was only able to destroy some credits and nil else... when i finally got to kill his farms and killed a tt he hankered down on a starbase and did not have as many battles - his morale went down... i parked several spy ships over his space to increase intel damage and went on to kill his starbase... i continued to hound roms, doms and feds and got close to 80 k in contributions...

it was a great game and i am getting the rust out for sure - but we need more games! it was a late one too - finished in 4 am! crazy...

now that tunngle is around i hope to see more players who could not get past the port opening hurdles with warzone - Tunngle sounds like a winner to me with dedicated botf zone so folk could meet easier...

also, i saw 4 more new players i haven't seen before... this game a slew of amazing modders, a ton of sp players, but to really put this game where it needs to be we need to get mp status where it used to be:)

rf

at any rate, hope to see more
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

So just as I get my "head above the water " with fluids mod you delve back into udm !!I think you live to torment me :)
Must admit I've not played UDM in wz for a while but you;ve whet my appitite for it again. 8O :)
I d/loaded tunngle but it locked up my browser and caused all kinds of probs,I'll uninstall and start over hopefully it will be ok.Maybe we can test it out next week.

In the meantime we have our fluids game to finish ( but i fear its already over :))
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

just played two games with Q_blackhorizon on WarZone on udm3 :P very much fun, look forward to bumping into some of you guys again xx
Dissy of Red Squad Elite;

The Elite Gaming Clan of the MSN Gaming Zone

Peace, Love & Unity
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

well ruthless just beat me 1 on 1 ... a good kling v dominon t4 med - well played man! having some good games since i been back !

Peace, Love & Unity
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

QUICK MP UPDATE

Dissy beat me last night, udm, 42 turns I think :roll: but its great to be playing mp again :) :)
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
ruthlessferengi

Post by ruthlessferengi »

yeah, i've had several fabulous games - two still going - learning a ton from each - thanks to dissy i am slowly getting the finer things of botf straight - great game and i just got lucky...

i have another awesome game with sweethawk that will continue in udm and Shanokrpg gave me rude awakening with a throng of 25 hd2 set to evade...:) pulverized my vanilla cardie armada to shreads! that game stil goes on but the results is far from decided (or is it? :)

i played several games with Q_blackhorizon - this guy has come a long way - keeping me honest and on the run - way to go dude....

every mp game i still learn something new so lets keep it going...

and yes... shanokrpg totally killed me with his hd2 and yet i keep learning learning.. great game brilliant tactics total fun. you CAN'T get this kind of interaction from ai... way to go shanokrpg. somehow i suspect he's one of the old guards from msn times:)

rf
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

aye I have yet to play shanok but in middle of me fed vs darkhorizon klingon in vanilla t5 med and i'm getting a big run for my money for sure (i can't find 3rd dilith which is annoying grrrr) haha

xx

Peace, Love & Unity
Shanokrpg
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Shanokrpg »

old guard perhaps, but not necessarily 'legendary' status, lol. perhaps 'elite' 8)

anyway, was a great game for sure rf. was thrilled the crashes kept to a minimum. i suspect at our next encounter my advantage of being new to the scene will be gone and the dogs of war will engage in in such a meatgrinding never before seen
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

A few snaps from my t4 UDM(LARGEMAP) Medium game with darktrooper, game finished around turn 110, after he came through a wormhole with 14 or so warbird IIIs to fight the federations "northern fleet"... which was victorious.. :p

TURN 50

I've just met him, beyond the wormhole in the South-West! We agree a neutral zone across the .14 vertical grid...and the game goes on...slowly but surely I start to conquer the dominion out of necesity (they..or roms..were intelling me to high heaven..food on sol..etc...so I went to war, all keeping watchful eye on Roms...

TURN 87

As you see here my fleet is positioned with my minor race allies above a Dominion system - an invasion is in progress ... only 10 more turns and the dominion will be a federation colony!

TURN 98

I'm going for the kill here; sending a Northern Fleet to Romulans northern territories and a south-west fleet to push rom away from discovering sol is just 8 squares behind the south-west wormhole!

--------

The battle in romulan's northern territories went well for the federation and romulan's subsequently surrendered.

Darktrooper; I love our games man; they are always epic! Both of us with wormholes, all sorts going on in this game!

Very much fun :)

Peace, Love & Unity
xDx
Commander
Commander

Re: mp update this week...

Post by xDx »

Who wants to play a game today? Im in WZ now.

Return to “Multiplayer Games”