Tournament results and war stories.

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

trevtones
Commander
Commander

Tournament results and war stories.

Post by trevtones »

33 turns is all it took for Dissy to wipe out my fleet. He came in with 16 or so Romulan Battle Cruisers and 1 conveniently uncloaked scout. I only had like 7 or 8 klingon Heavy Cruisers, 8 Scouts and 2 TT's. I lost 5 Heavy Cruisers a few turns before while bombarding the ferengi, my scouts were at the top but somehow they got re-arranged in between turns. Garbage never happened to me before, must be my cursed bad luck. Suffice to say I couldn't recover.

Congrats Dissy and watch out everybody. :twisted:
Don't let your reach exceed your grasp! :mad:
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

unlucky mate, you can get your revenge next time round! And dissy, well done. Go RSE :p
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

ah No...just what RSE needs...another victory :Lol:
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Carcher beat me, turn 56 or so. He was klings, i was Roms.

we started about 4 sectors away from each other. I was torn between going for someone with quick ships or someone who had good intel.

My choice came back to haunt me. first mistake was to not get my intel stuck in from the off, (too used to Sp, if you use your intel against the Ai they'll declare war on you) Second mistake was enlisting the federation to help me.(ie they never fired a shot in anger at the Klings)

i had moved in for the kill on one of Carcher's systems, while he had a fllet of cloaked scouts over romulus, I went into attack the system but them fast ships cut me off in time and drubbed me, (5 rom cruiers against 18 bops, AND i'd used the trick of having a tt as the uncloaked decoy)

So he'd ruined my fleet, then came after me. He had a fleet of cloaked ships over romulus +5 tt's, good i thought, Next turn i'll power up the orbitals and fry him....nope, he used the 'jiggle the fleet formation trick' to get by the problem of having to decloak and wait a turn before striking.. (annoying as i've used this strategy more times than i an remember) thus romulus fell...then he eventually mopped up my other systems but not before I performed the scorched earth policy beforehand.

And there ended my first proper foray into MP :lol:

My 4shared folder
trevtones
Commander
Commander

Post by trevtones »

Alot of those mistakes sound familiar. MP is a whole new beast, but you have to make mistakes in order to learn from them.

Also it's hard to beat the klingons when you meet so soon. Those scouts are lethal in the early stages of a game, until you can build up a fleet of capital ships.
Don't let your reach exceed your grasp! :mad:
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

T 4 is the BOTF no man's land... you're at a point where you're getting some of the more advanced ships, but you're got the sort of industry and economy that'll only really support the basic models of your ships.
And you're too cash strapped to really buy yourself a fleet. i spent my first 3 turns buying extra industry then allowing my cruisers to be part built and then buying them, even then i built about 4 of them + a couple of TT's this way before becoming bankrupt...and to think i'd usually get a couple of colonies going and spend some money in research and intel to make them instantly productive..

I'm beginning to remember now when i did t4 in Sp i'd deliberately hide away and be a recluse then spend my first 50 turns jumping from lv5 industry to lv7 then start building up a fleet and so on

My 4shared folder
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

Don't be too hard on yourself Stardust :) It was really bad luck,on your part,that we were so close together.As soon as i saw you I went mad, building and buying scouts,I knew i had to work fast before you began hurting me with intel

I threw the odd trooper into the build queue,on the offchance i could make a dash for romulas, which i was about to do,when your fleet appeared over my system.Your 5 crusiers had me worried but i threw every ship i had in there,including my flag ship,the mighty battleship IKC Kitchen sink.
After the battle I tried to replace my lost ships asap and march on and do what klingons do best.It was a good basic plan which,in this case ,worked out for me.If we had been further apart it may have been a different story,it could have taken me a long time and lots of cedits to reach Romulas,during which your belated intel attacks could have really, really hurt me.
At the end of the day, I suppose it was" the luck of the draw "which was the deciding factor.but i think we both enjoyed it :)
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

oh almost forgot,I'm off work for the next 2 or 3 weeks,so if you want retribution, pm me and we can sort something out.
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D

Return to “Multiplayer Games”