war zone multiplayer servers

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion

war zone multiplayer servers

Post by ruthlessferengi »

until boys get old links and threads up and running, here is link to war zones,

http://ewarzone.freeforums.org/index.php

download client, install, and then use it to play mps...

anybody can figure out this stupid sign over my avatar?
matress_of_evil
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander
Location: South Wales - Not The Australian One, The Other One!

Post by matress_of_evil »

Warzone doesn't work. :evil:

...Apparently only for me though. BOTF ONLY loads up singleplayer games when I use the program. If I want to multi then I have to use Hamachi.

I'd be interested if anyone else has a similar problem to me, although i've not heard of anyone else having it. Even the guys that made the Warzone program are scratching their heads over my problem.
ruthlessferengi

Post by ruthlessferengi »

MOE, so you are in XP, and all your routers are configured? the only time it does not work for me, if I am at a new place where i can't configure router.. bypass does not work, so routers must be configured...
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

I can use warzone for about 10 minutes then it automatically disconnects. Even with firewall and antivirus off and bypass on. I am frustrated and disappointed. My first go at MP ended in disaster.
Like the bad guy from so many horror films,

I have returned
Sir_Carnifex
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Sir_Carnifex »

If you use the bypass, then your game is dependent on the WZ server. Any shaky connection to it will affect your game. Try playing without the bypass if you can so the server has nothing to do with your game after launching.

If you are disconnecting from WZ frequently whether or not you're in a game, then there could be multiple reasons why. Norton has been known to cause issues with WZ on rare occasions. The other case I heard was the person's neighbour in the adjacent apartment was running too many appliances and somehow interfering with his internet connection. :)
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

@sir carnifex
i've been reliably informed ,by the esteemed flocke ,of the ports that need to be forwarded,i've just done the port test thingy,in ewarzone, and all ports passed.
Now this may be a silly question but does this mean my ports are forwarded?(is there even such a word?)
and everything is ok or not?
I'm just getting more confused , the more i wriggle the deeper i go!
anyway thanks in advance.
@Flocke thanks again man, evey bit helps :? :oops:
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

If all ports pass the warzone dx port test, your router should be configured right! The ports pass to your computer.
BotF only needs the ports 2300 TCP, 2350 UDP and 47624 TCP.
I'm using the port test only as an indication with the rule that if port 2350 passes the test, playing botf may work. MAY work! The test is buggy and it doesn't differentiate TCP and UDP.
So long I didn't hear of a person gettin' botf to work without bypass if 2350 didn't pass the test!
Some (few) routers have an integrated firewall that has to be configured as well for letting incoming port connections pass for these ports. (Had one single person with such a router firewall up to now)
Setting up for a network internal static ip is only needed if your dynamic LAN ip changes with time - normally only when booting connected computers in a different order and therefore having more than one.

If dx port test passes, and botf still doesn't work, one of your firewalls might be the reason (often people forget about their windows firewall that is activated by default). Firewalls can cause very strange behavior normally resulting in a crash or a frozen botf when selecting new mp game or getting the wrong window, the network configuration one.
You can try shutting it off (what i never would advice) or just use the windows firewall where you can open specific ports as well and which is easy to configure (at least that would be better than no firewall).
All common firewalls ask you for letting programs pass, but sometimes they block important botf messages even after giving the game whole access, that's why you may have to check the firewall log and letting pass the specific botf ports generally or have to deactivate special detection futures.

It can get very complicated to configure everything. Was hard to me the first times as well. But sometimes it's easy.
And having everything configured once, you won't have to do it again as long as you don't change your configuration.

Firewalls that are free and I've tested successfully with botf are:
Windows XP Firewall (easy to configure)
Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall (easy/medium to configure)
Comodo Firewall Pro (medium/hard to configure)

Currently I'm using the Comodo Firewall
Maybe we should make guids to different firewalls.

Beside the router and firewall stuff, you always have to assure having the same botf version installed as the other players do have.
For testing you should try botf vanilla (unmodded) v1.0.2 (jokers patch).

For testing and further help you'll often find me online in warzone. Just send me a message :)

@MoE that's a normal issue when having a misconfigured router or firewall.
Have had that as well for a dozen of times when tryed to configure.
Hamachi bypasses router and firewall as far as I know.
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

i'm in your debt again Flocke
i checked the firewall log as you said all seams ok(i'm using norton)I'm pretty sure i crashed because of a fault with my computer,which i will definitely get fixed tomorrow.I will get this sorted if its the last thing i ever do!
Anyway i'd like to say thanks to Trevtones,Dissy.Amazing and your good self (sounds like i've won an oscar!)for your patience with a bone head noobie , cheers
btw who won the deathmatch?and did you get trev to school in time?
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

Ok, I have done the ports,

but now dx test freezes.
The client still disconnects after 5 to 10 minutes
Like the bad guy from so many horror films,

I have returned
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

sean go to warzone now dissy is hangin'he'll give you a hand
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

ps check your pm's da da da......
matress_of_evil
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Oh, I didn't realise you'd replied to me, ruthlessferengi.

When I use warzone, it loads up fine and everything...until someone loads the game. BOTF loads up as single player - it does NOT take me directly to the multiplayer lobby or anything, it just loads up as though i'd started the game normally. I have to use Hamachi if I want to do multiplayer coz of this problem, and I didn't even know that Hamachi existed until a few months ago. I'd never played multiplayer before then, and I still haven't managed to complete a multiplayer game yet.

I've got all the ports open on my firewall router (Netgear DG834G v3) and there are exceptions added to Windows firewall. I've tried port bypassing and even the creators of Warzone have tried to help me. Nothing works. BOTF just loads up as a normal game every time, irrelavant of whether it's myself or someone else that hosts the game. :evil:
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

@MoE
--------------
you didn't realize my little reply as well, did you? :D

As I said, that's a real common issue with having a somehow misconfigured portforwarding or firewall! Did you follow the guide on http://www.portforward.com/english/rout ... efault.htm ?
Dunno if the outbound rules are relevant, but shouldn't be bad to set both, inbound and outbound.
You should check the rules again for the ports 2300 TCP, 2350 UDP and 47624 TCP.
And check your network ip you're forwarding to! Is it really the computer you're using in the LAN? You may have to set up a static ip!

In the windows firewall you need to allow trek.exe AND (I'm not sure but have done that last time I used it) allow the ports I mentioned explicitly for incoming connections.

When you've done that botf will work on warzone for mp games (assumed you and your opponent have the same botf version).

@sean_west
------------------
if client disconnects frequently, there is a problem with your connection to warzone. That could be a firewall blocking some packages (shouldn't be the case but dunno) or a busy os/computer/router. You should try closing all other network programs and disconnect other computers (if you have).
If that doesn't help, the problem could be on the side of your provider as well. You may check your connection - there are a dozen webpages for testing the connection speed,...
You could search for other people having connection problems with your provider or router or you can call your provider (what rarely will help).

Gettin' a frozen dx port test remembers me of some issues I had heard of others having to wait several minutes till port test got completed... how did we solve that? forgotten... :roll: :lol:
You didn't have had that before forwarding? If so, the only reason I can think of is cause of the test not differentiating TCP and UDP protocols if you've forwarded just what I told. (I myself can't select a single protocol in my router). You could try forwarding the others as well, but it shouldn't make any difference for botf.
Oh well... It may have been the one who had to configure his integrated router firewall for lettin' the ports pass beside forwarding!
Tell me your router model plz so I can search the web for the manual ;)
matress_of_evil
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Yes I did see your reply, and yes I have checked that website. It was absolutely useless to me. I've currently got 8 different exceptions set in Windows Firewall for BOTF (1 for the game and 7 for the ports) and all the exceptions are set up in my firewall router correctly. I didn't understand some of the stuff on that website, so Jigalypuff, Skeeter, Dissy, and some other people helped me set it up, but it still didn't work.
Is it really the computer you're using in the LAN?
...Uh? I have no idea what you're asking here. Yes this is my computer, I bought it four years ago from PC World.
And check your network ip you're forwarding to! Is it really the computer you're using in the LAN? You may have to set up a static ip!
I've ALWAYS had a static IP - it's given as standard by my ISP. I actually thought everyone had a static IP as standard until I started having this problem.
When you've done that botf will work on warzone for mp games
No it doesn't. :(
trevtones
Commander
Commander

Post by trevtones »

matress_of_evil wrote:I've ALWAYS had a static IP - it's given as standard by my ISP. I actually thought everyone had a static IP as standard until I started having this problem.
I think he meant your internal IP address. You computer has it's own IP address different from your public Ip address which gives you access to internet. I was playing around with the ports on my router and if it doesn't point to internal IP I couldnt play on warzone.
Don't let your reach exceed your grasp! :mad:

Return to “Multiplayer Games”