I wonder what happens if you dont have your beam weapon count match the beam mounts for the model? I am pretty sure I have this messed up in a few random locations. I am going to have to work hard to find them if its a real problem.
So far so good, thou. Got a 4 player game to turn 180. Comp started on L5, my daughter on L4, everyone else on L3. 52x39 map. It was quite the game! Had a couple crashes along the way, but thats to be expected, I think. Might have to start tracking the error logs on crashes and see if I can figure out where the problems come in.
Thanks again for all your help! I have learned alot and really hope I get a chance to show off my work here. Still on my To Do List:
1) Unify the energy and food structures for all races to save myself 54 structure slots. I will probably add structures at some point, but I dont have any plans yet.
2) Import some unique images for ships to use for neutral races. I like more space-faring neutrals and I want their ships to look distinctive.
3) Expand the ship selection slightly for each race. If I can get a unique model or two for each race, I would love to add a ship type or two to each race. Something to reflect the new tech levels available.
4) Clean up the current models vs beam weapons problem.
5) Possible tweak of ship stats pending combat testing. Ok, probably tweak....
If I somehow manage to get this far with clean code, I might consider modding Vanilla to match my work and call it my own....if I dont hear back from Dafedz.