Season 2 Tournament Discussion

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

moskka
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by moskka »

i had not saved last turn, nevertheless i confirm the victory of QD vs. Moskka (Rom vs. Kling.)

That was a quick and "glorious" battle, we were too close and it finished in 30 turns, the most important battle was in turn 6: in which i have lost 2 heavy cruisers cloacked, 1 battle cruisers, 1 scout .. against 3 battle cruisers and 2 or 3 scout .. my error was to evade :cry:

i will have my revenge :twisted:
you cannot change the laws of physics! Scott to Kirk, countless times
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

i see a trend of a lot of 'blink and you'll miss it' games in the tourney this time round.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
garak
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by garak »

well, just had a game with Dissy. Game is not quite finished but I think i lost the momentum there:)

to begin with, i probably should have insisted on a more robust pop - starting out with 150 (upgradable to 190) and 190 (upgradable to 220) 5 squares from roms did not help:) however, Dissy had about same number of pop, with one upgradable to 290 if i remember correctly.

location, location, location... well, it was too close to dissy and too far away from AI...

I started in R lower corner, he 5 squares west. He had ferengi up above him and my radar picked up nothing but cosmic dust:)

intel was not too bad, the worst of it being 80% hunting grounds lost on the smallest planet, plus a few empty machine yards (did not have enough pop:) blown up.

Dissy used up cash to build a large fleet of destoryers while i got 6 intel centers and frantically went looking for feds and, found them way up north... I had to build an outpost to get there, was poised with 10 scouts (more scouts were pouring in) , 2 heavies and 5 tts to take out feds during the next 5 turns when dissy showed up over one of my planets...

That's where second unfortunate thing happen - i sent 4 scouts to take out TTs being pretty confident i'd take enough of them to stall the invation and destroy 7 destroyers (he did not have enough scouts so i was rubbing my paws)... except i did not do proper targeting, let one too many tts live and lost the planet... it was the smallest one, he lost 6 destroyers, but that was a set back :)

he is poised over another planet atm and i am sure this time i can take out his tts and cause him to trade 8 orbs for 8 destroyers. But, with the the loss of 6 intel centers lost and 190 mln gone - even if i got sol and the one more fed planet taken - i did not have much of a chance unless he made a glaring mistake... Which i don't suppose was going to happen..

Initially i told Dissy we should go on - he had to go (spent 1 h trying to get connection going - only direct ip via hamachi no routers worked - and his shift was coming up) - but now on futher reflection i think i should just concede to a better player:). Way to go, Dissy, the legend lives on!

It's been a blast, thank ye all, see you in the future! (may be:) - i have overdrawn my "off the leash" accounts but will try to negotiate another tourney with my boss:)

Thunderhero, ignore my message and Dissy, it's been a privilege.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Damn, now I'll have to stop Dissy. :(
And I have absolutely no time for practice.

And damn bugs don't stop buggin' me! :evil:
Have found a fault in my code, but hasn't been causing the bug I've been searching for. I've nearly cut off every piece of my code and it's still there. It's no bug with botf, cause I'm currently not using botf, and it's no bug with my code, cause there are only a few lines left and I've checked them a dozen times. Even the debugger is out of conclusion. It just crashes on returning from a working function. try and catch don't detect anything. All variables are initialized.
Never have seen that before. Cleaning project, restarting pc and nothing helped so far, I'll try a newer version of compiler and code::blocks (if available), if this still doesn't help I'll have to try a workaround. Strange thing is, that even adding a nonmeaningful function like a sleep or a messagebox without of any explainable reason seems to solve the bug as well as removing some specific code that shouldn't be causing a bug. It's code::blocks, gcc, MinGW, or directplay but not within my code! It's not me, it can't be! It must be species 8472 hiding somewhere. ^^
Sorry, just had to vent my spleen...
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

Ahh my death has been avenged. :)
garak
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by garak »

ha-ha :) abundantly so...
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Here is semi finals bracket.

thunderchero
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

gg garak! i was too close for comfort, perhaps with some distance between us you would have stood a chance.. look forward to our next meeting.. and chris the revenge was sweet:P

(btw i didn't bomb his system with all destroyers, it was a fleet of 8 ships containing 3 warbirds, 3 scouts and 2 dest).. so i lost only 3 scouts/2dest !! :P fyi i'm not 'that' needlessly wasteful:P
Dissy of Red Squad Elite;

The Elite Gaming Clan of the MSN Gaming Zone

Peace, Love & Unity
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

the brackets shaping up real nice, and in my opinion the tournament is clearly wide open with QuakeDevil, Macky, myself and Flocke all being very capable players I'm sure there will be 3 very exciting games to come!! It's nice that there's a guaranteed RSE in the final from the QD v Macky tie.

I now have the oppurtunity to ensure the Tournament Champion title stays on RSE turf. Flocke, u better be ready for my Warbirds on the horizon ;)

Peace, Love & Unity
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Damn, only RSE left? Noooooo! :lol:
Ok, collective, where are you :?:
Flocke to collective....
collective please.......
collective?

I feel that alone _:(_
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

RSE_Dissy wrote:

I now have the oppurtunity to ensure the Tournament Champion title stays on RSE turf. Flocke, u better be ready for my Warbirds on the horizon ;)
Great. Just what they need :roll:
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
meneilmack
Ensign
Ensign

Post by meneilmack »

*waves RSE flag*

when are u free for a game then QD mate?

i am going to Newcastle for the weekend this week and weekend after i am in Sheffield for Oasis concrt so im tellin u in advance weekends are a no go for me pal.
QuakeDevil
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by QuakeDevil »

Hi meneilmack,

I'm in eastern USA which is GMT-5, I can usually start a game around 4pm(1600) GMT-5, during the week.

So, let me know which day(s) this week, and/or next week, you can set up a time.

Cheers, QD.
sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

@STARDUST:

What, another win, or an ego stroking.

Someone needs to hand RSE their butts, preferably gift wrapped, Carcher?
Like the bad guy from so many horror films,

I have returned
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

flocke just killed meh...

was a game where i had no luck ;d 130 starter with no terra... he had 155, to 260, soso.. i shudda conquered cards earlier, was scrimpin for cash for tts, he was busy conquering feds, and cardassia repelled my 1st invasion attempt.. me alil too eager thought 5 tt cud do it :|.. got it 2nd time.. but his fleet on horizon so i rushed to get the card second n last system.. it repeled invasion again. me tts all die.. like 12 dest+12 tts dead from both attempts.. and with low production on the 130 cudnt keep up with the romulan who now conquer feds. ferg being huge as they are on imposs ai on lower techs attack me with 12wc+10fast so i have to upgrade my destroyers...they run, and i catch some of flockes fleet.. which i kinda knew he had a-ton-o dest left behind.. needless to say, my few mistakes and flockes efficiency ;) lead to his win when his 47 upgraded dest jumped mine while trying to take a smaller sys..
good game.

QD and Macky. give this guy hell.. u must avenge me, but be warned, he is good.

Dissy

(edit: oh and we met turn 8 thru a wormhole so i had to suffer thru pretty intense intel throughout the whole game! Had it been later when we reached each other turn 40 ish... ooo u never know :P GG)

Peace, Love & Unity

Return to “Multiplayer Games”