Season 2 Tournament Discussion

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

That has been quite a long game, dunno if we've played longer or just tried to play. lol
All these connection troubles did really suck, we couldn't play without bypass and hamachi didn't work either.

But yeah, Dissy playing Klingon got assimilated hrhr.
I've saved every few turns cause I got asked about and I may post alittle more after having had my sleep ;)

Good game, Dissy
all these faults helped me alot! :)
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

oh i didn't kno it was t4 med either lol ! had been practising t5 sm's after quarters still hahah.. yeh
Dissy of Red Squad Elite;

The Elite Gaming Clan of the MSN Gaming Zone

Peace, Love & Unity
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

Well done Flocke.

Ahh, the task is with either Macky or QD to keep the title in RSE's turf. No pressure guys...
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Well, night is over and I'm still tired.
Got asleep at 3am yesterday, have been standing up at around 6 to 7am the last days... :/
But this game has been worth it! *hehe*

As Dissy already told, I've had a 155ppl 2nd and been able to terraform it up to 260. Never saw his system, but he told he's been having a 130ppl 2nd.
First I thought, damn, only 155ppl, but then dissy told about his crappy system. :lol:

My main goal was to meet Dissy as fast as possible, to start intel attacks and stop him growing too fast.
I've been on the right middle, far away from any major as I found out quickly. The only major I could see on horizon has been the fed, but I needed a colony to get there.
But, well, there have been three wormholes in range, so I needed to test them! Two of 'em even being on my territory! :o
First failed, but 2nd worked and my cheep cloaked dest1 met a klingon scout II on turn 8 when flying through! :lol:
I won by ramming him, slipped back through wormhole and started sabotaging him with all people to intel immediately.
That has been very good luck for me, cause we've been quite far away from each other!
Of course he instantly declared war on me.

I produced cruisers and troop transports and build a colony near fed to conquer them as fast as possible, cause they've been the only way out of my cage. They didn't give me any money on my demands, but Dissy didn't get money either as he told.
Dissy declared war on the cardassians and while I prepared for war against the federation, they and the ferengi declared war on dissy, the klingon. *hehe*
I already began fearing him gaining all that experience and moral by the many fights he fought. :? And all those crashes he had in fights with problems to reload afterwards didn't make me feel any better...
I still have had nearly no reach to fed not to speak of any other major, so had few chances for fights. But around turn 30 I began conquering fed, first the fed 2nd 195ppl system with 5 orbs, the only one in reach, then sol. Before getting sol, fed established a peace treaty with the klingon, giving him alot of money, but my sabotage stole 5000 from the klingon afterwards, so thx fed! :P
I met the cardassian soon and saw the klingon having begun conquering him, but couldn't do much about. Card didn't gave me any money but cause of all my sabotage to the klingon and him already loosing, he offered a peace treaty, being followed by a friendship pretty quick.
After I've conquered feds last colony, gaining the big moral bonus, dissy conquered cardassia.
Normally klingon is that much faster in conquering, but this fact gave me a good feeling. With my espionage telling me about the little klingon fleet and with being quite confident within my own fleet's strength, I began hunting for the klingon.
Being above a cardassian colony, conquered by klingon, I decided to free it back to the card, in fear the klingon might get the last system of the card and gaining the big moral bonus as well. But he failed anyway. :lol:
Of course I had my scouts around from time to time, but they didn't detect much. :/

With having conquered sol, I began pushing up research and building destroyers, cause I know cruisers and strike cruisers aren't that good and Dissy would research as well and sometime get his dest2.
So I couldn't support my fleet, being far away from romulus anyway and had to deal with my 7 cruisers and 4 assault cruisers + two scouts and a few dest1 already being build.
The klingon didn't have enough ships to figth them anyway.
First I wanted to get cardassia, which has been conquered just a few turns before by the klingon, having lost all it's orbitals with one rebuilded. But then the research has been that fast that I decided to build more dest1 instead and just raided cardassia a little, while watching Dissy building orbitals on there.

Then, a big fault of mine, I've kept there too long.
5 or 6 turns having passed not seing any klingon ships, I decided to uncloak my cruisers and destroy the orbitals.
Whoo, just in time, the klingon came with 20 dest2, not knowing that I've uncloaked! 8O
I already thought game is done, but then he came and destroyed my fleet of cruisers and attack cruisers, that I've send into suicide. My 7 dest1 and 3 scouts retreated and I should have done so with all my ships, cause he managed to destroy only one or two single cruiser in first turn. Damn I thought and he asked me about if I would like to surrender rofl, what a joke I thought! Having had 40 dest1 near upgrade by myself. ^^
This really got me laughing and before I've upgraded I build another few dest. After Upgrade I trained them by destroying a ferengi outpost, wanting to continue the training on ferengi ships and afterwards raiding the klingon to death and taking his systems.

But, well, Dissy thought it was time to change relation and showed up upon my conquered fed colony, that's been in the middle of the map, a little in the left and been the most outer system I had, giving me some range on the ferengi that had been able to grow without of being interrupted. So, Dissy had still 15 dest2, a scout and a tt after the massacre he did on me before. Now time came for payback! :twisted:
I send in my fleet of 46 dest2 + one klingon scout, that have been on fergs border and made a clean up to him, only loosing one ship on my own. 8)

Now we've had already turn 73 and Dissy surrendered, having had no chance to face my fleet nor intel. And no chance to get the remaining two card systems that got affilated and guarded by me. Having had a much more worse industry than me and being in war with everyone left.

In the end I had Romulus, my 2nd, my colony, Sol, fed's second, fed's colony, 6 sytems in total with 3 dil+ 1 phantom dil.
Dissy had Quo'nos, his 2nd, cardassia and one additional system, I think a colony of his own or from ferengi.

cheers, Flocke

p.s.: I've saved 31 times while playing, so if anyone is interested, you may ask me and I'll think about. ;)
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

yup. tbh the AI really hurt me heh.... those 12 dest and 12 tts i lost vs cardies = 12 dest, scrapping the 12 tts would be the 3 destroyers per tt, thats like 36 destroyers, that makes the 48 destroyers i was behind u.

much unlucky on my apart (or too much time NOT playin on impossible skill level ahahah)

i blame meeting him too early and the pesky cards... to be fair, it wasn't a very equal game, and as chris will tell ya, i kinda felt the loss coming from an early stage..

...i will avenge this loss, cuz to be fair, it hurt :P

Peace, Love & Unity
meneilmack
Ensign
Ensign

Post by meneilmack »

QD:

as i said im away this weekend but next week i can be on anyday except tuesday before 4pm so when ever u fancy the game?
QuakeDevil
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by QuakeDevil »

meneilmack,

Like I said any day would be fine, but to set a date, this Tuesday the 7th is good for me. 4:30pm(1630) GMT-5 is a good time for me to start.

I sent a PM to you with the info too.

QD
meneilmack
Ensign
Ensign

Post by meneilmack »

I can play tonight i play football on monday/tuesdays now. tommorow i am moving into my new flatso i will be very busy then. and weeked i am away in shefield. (could pos play sunday evening)

i am free thursday and friday after 4pm GMT for a game.
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

so hows the other semi going u guys started yet :P ?

Peace, Love & Unity
QuakeDevil
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by QuakeDevil »

Mack and I have started our game on Friday evening.

He is klingons and I am cardassians. I'm in the lower middle :twisted: , with Mack in the upper mid/right. We have both met the ferengi and feds, but not each other yet. I think it's around turn 26.

Actually, we just met this last turn, when the sneaky klingon attacked my colony and tt, who were terraforming a dil system, with a cloaked scout. The battle has gone 2 turns, but crashes at the end of turn 2, even after 3 restarts. We may just have to do a hail, then continue the battle next turn. As he destroys my ships easily anyway.

Looking forward to the continuation of the game, and the cardassians victory over the klingons!!!! :twisted:

QD
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Hi meneilmack and QuakeDevil,

Whats up with your game it has been 3 weeks now.

thunderchero
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Subdevide them and I'll play both! :lol:
meneilmack
Ensign
Ensign

Post by meneilmack »

i am going to have to forefit the match against QD, i have just moved into my new flat last week and i will be without internet connection for the next few weeks. i am busy this weekend going away so i cant come to my parents house to play then.

sorry its taken so long i just didnt want to have to surrender unless i knew i couldnt finish the game.

good luck in the final QD, win it for RSE!
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Well, too bad that you didn't found any time. :(
Anyway, tourney will go on now and in about 15 minutes or so, QD and me will begin our fight!
Hope to get some audience, some spectators in warzone! :D

And please, I want luck with my systems! It's the final! I need luck! It has to be mine! :mrgreen:

Edit: QD went off without a note so match might start a little later
Edit2: now we'll begin! :)
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

good luck to you both :D as the klingons would say 'For the Empire!!'
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder

Return to “Multiplayer Games”