Network don't work

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

Kuschel
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Network don't work

Post by Kuschel »

Hello

I have a problem in the Multiplayer. I want to play with my friend in Network but everytime when one Computer connect to the other Computer in botf, the Computer shut the programm and I cant play birth with my friend!

What I did:
patch 1.02
-looked after a crack because some people said that the both.exe make mistake but I don't found one is that good or bad?

Over the situation:
I have to XP computer and can't play with my friend in Network with TCP/IP

please help
:wink:

i am from germany so don't look after mistake at my english ^^

MFG Kuschel
trevtones
Commander
Commander

Post by trevtones »

Hi welcome to the forums.

Go HERE for instructions on how to play in warzone (this is where the majority of the multiplayers hang out).

If you would rather play over direct link there are still instructions for setting up your systems. But direct link in your own LAN takes very little to set up.
Don't let your reach exceed your grasp! :mad:
Kuschel
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Kuschel »

I read already all the steps but I don't find the problem -.-

eWarzone but on the lan I hasn't got internet so this way don't go

I have no idea what i can do next

MFG Kuschel
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Tach Kuschel!

Zum mp spielen müsst ihr beide die gleiche botf version haben - zum testen besser auch erstmal ohne mod.
Einfach botf installieren, und den joker 1.0.2 patch drauf.
Cracks sind da weiter nicht nötig.

Wenn ihr nur im LAN spielen wollt (was schade wäre, insbesondere angesichts des bevorstehenden Turniers), so kann euch dann eigendlich nur noch eine Softwarefirewall im Wege stehen.

Zum Spielen über LAN startet ihr ja botf, einer erstellt das spiel als host und der andere joint. Manchmal ist es nötig beim Joinen die IP des Hosts anzugeben, damit das spiel gefunden wird. Die Netzwerkip natürlich - sollte was mit 192.168. am Anfang sein. Kannst einfach ne Konsole öffnen indem du cmd ins Ausführen-Feld von Windows eingibst und in der Konsole dann ipconfig

Sollte eine Firewall botf blocken muss sie entweder ausgeschaltet oder konfiguriert werden. Das ist insbesondere beim Host wichtig, da dieser aus dem LAN Initiierungs-Anfragen erhält die von der firewall oft nicht direkt zugeordnet werden können. Nachfolgende Nachrichten hingegen werden als Antworten verschickt, sodaß die Firewall sie meißt durchlässt.

Zum Konfigurieren kannst Du meißt einzelne ips, ports oder auch Bereiche festlegen. Die Ports die botf nutzt sind immer 2300 TCP, 2350 UDP und 47624 TCP + UDP.
Die Netzwerkadressen der PCs können sich aber nach jedem Reboot ändern es sei denn ihr habt statische Netzwerk-IPs eingerichtet. Wie das geht entnimmst Du am Besten der Anleitung deines Routers (in der Annahme dass ihr über einen Router verbunden seid).
Ansonsten lassen die sich auch wieder über Konsole cmd und ipconfig feststellen.

Hoffe das hilft Dir weiter :)
Kuschel
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Kuschel »

Hi at all

In German:
Also ich habe den Patch schon instaliert. Ich habe 2 XP rechner die kein internet haben. Diese sind mit einem Crossover kabel verbunden. Ich weiß wie man das hosted und einlinkt. Die IP ist immer 192.168.0.X. Wenn ich dann mit einem PC beitretet dem Spiel beitrete schließt er das programm und macht keine Rückmeldung. Das passiert aber nur bei einem PC und das egal ob er HOST ist oder sich Einklingt. Einzelspieler funktioniert aber Multiplayer mit freunden nicht! Wisst ihr an was das liegen kann?

firewall ist aus auf beiden rechner!

In English:
I have install the patch. I have to XP computer, they have no internet. They are connecting with a cross over cabel. I know how to conncet and host a server. The IP is every time something with 192.168.0.X I know. When I connect to the game the game goes away and the game shut down. This is only the mistake of one computer everytime I host or I connect he shut the game. Single Player works but the multiplayer with friends doesn't. Did somebody have a idea?

My firewall is not on! on both computer

please help me i love this game and i want to play maybe after a couple of round I will your next enemy ;D so please help me to find in the game!

MFG Kuschel
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

As I said, I think there's something like a firewall blocking. You've also disabled windows firewall? Do you have other programs active that may disturb the connection?

You could try reinstall the game. Is it installed to a directorypath with spaces within? Had a bug with warzone with having installed the game to "Program Files" directory on my vista laptop. Maybe it's a more general problem, so just a question.

You could try the iso from download section as well.

Maybe you need to install directX again, maybe there's a problem with directplay on that computer.

I dunno, would just try anything that comes to mind :lol:
Kuschel
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Kuschel »

Flocke do you have icq or aim or msn ? because I think when I am talking with somebody that helps more then to write hear because to some stuff that you write there I don't realy understand ^^ :D

MFG Kuschel
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

you got a pm ;)

But I'm not sure that I can help ya... :roll:

Return to “Multiplayer Games”