ewar MP HELP HELP HELP!!!

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

sslurp00
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

ewar MP HELP HELP HELP!!!

Post by sslurp00 »

Hi all,

i'm having issues with playing MP games on ewarzone.
i've followed the guides and had some help from other users but still no go.

the story so far!
i'm trying to play from 2 pc (a PC running xp and lapop running vista) so know that there is an issue playing from both at the same time without a static ip setup.

i'm on sky BB with a sagem router (not sure of model)

Friday evening i got through the whole port forwarding and got the DX test to pass all the ports (finally) and now when the game launches i can get to the race selection screen but here it freezes.

i've turned off the windows firewall and think ive set the modem firewall to work with the game. but i still cant play on either the pc or laptop..

can anyone please help??

please please...

anyone who helps can come to Birmingham (UK) and i'll cook you buffalo wings!! :P

cheers
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

I can't tell what's wrong with your pc, but laptop is prooved to be in working order now. 8)

Edit: Ok, solved now, too. It has been an unnoticed windows defender popup... :lol:
liteview1701
Ensign
Ensign

Post by liteview1701 »

running from windows xp to viasta will not work as they are different formats vista is a completly different product then xp.
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

sslurp00

Your offer is tempting, but 3 hours from Devon to B'ham
can anyone please help??

please please...

anyone who helps can come to Birmingham (UK) and i'll cook you buffalo wings!!

cheers
Don't agree with liteview's comments even though I hate Vista, probably more than any other thing in the universe!

At home as a family we have 2 PCs running Vista (one runs BOTF fine but the other runs it with very slow mouse right from 1st turn)

We have 2 PCs running XP and both run BOTF fine and 3 PCs running on Win98SE all of which run BOTF fine

We run a standard LAN at home using an old Linksys 5 port Hub all via RJ45 cabling and whilst there were and are occasional problems to overcome, we can run BOTF in MP mode using any combination of the above PCs (apart from the one Vista that runs in very slow)

So different operating systems are not neccessarily a problem and certainly not one you can't get around

Flocke has just put a revised guide on this site for getting MP to work over eWarzone and offered to help if you can't get around your problems

I had to get my ISP to give me a static IP, not sure if that's the main reason that I can now play, but if you can do it it's worth a try (others have said this not relevant but opinions are mixed)

Regards

Pigman

p.s. kill yourself a buffalo and get it ready
sslurp00
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

UPDATE

Post by sslurp00 »

Well... after days and days of trying we've finally got the game to work!!

A LITTLE!!

i've been able to play 2 games, each only lasted 7 turns and we wasnt able to continue them after one player crashed out...

Flocke's been the God of help in this trying time but i've even baffled him!!

At the moment we're trying to play off a sky BB connection and a 3wireless modem (from the same location without messing with static IP's) with a laptop on vista and pc on xp.

and we will keep trying!!

I've paid my dues -
Time after time -
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime -
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face -
But I've come through !!
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Well, I really don't understand this, cause it already worked fine.
Now you use buggy bypass again and it's crashing after some turns - what a surprise.
You had it going, all ports passing, Firewall off. Then you began trying to add the ports to firewall rules and activating it again or something and defender began blocking botf or whatever.
You switched between laptop and pc many times and always had to redo portforwarding.
Now something is crap again and you knocked me out. :lol:
I'll see if we can get it going again...
Maybe there really is another crazy unknown stupid bug in your system, who knows. Everytime something new...
But all seemed to be well, you even have been hosting a game with me! Really weird! :roll:

Return to “Multiplayer Games”