Still Can't Connect

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

zave22
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Still Can't Connect

Post by zave22 »

I have tried various methods to connect this game and it just won't I have tried a cable between two computers, I have tried gameranger and I also have tried just straight up connecting. I can get through the setup but it won't show the game name and I can connect other older games just fine.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Still Can't Connect

Post by thunderchero »

Hi zave22,

without exact details it is impossible to help. there are several different ways to connect depending on your situation.

I could ask several questions, but without basic info I would just be guessing at your issue.

first thing I always suggest is to start your first multi-player game with game in windowed mode. This way you can see any popups from windows firewall or any other firewall/antivirus software that could prevent connection.

next is, location of players. If both players are on same router/same location it has different settings than playing a person across the country.

so to sum up every little detail is important if you want help. also images of your issues may also help.
zave22
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by zave22 »

We are two players in the exact same household we both have Windows 10 could the issue be that we have the same IP address?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

when entering M/P setup page leave IP blank and enter game name and player name only.

and see if that works.

Return to “Multiplayer Games”