Cooperative Single Player

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

Peelster1
Ensign
Ensign

Cooperative Single Player

Post by Peelster1 »

For those who have difficulty with setting up multiplayer games. I had an idea for a cooperative single player utilizing screen sharing on Discord, Skype, Youtube, Twitch, whatever works best for people. For me personally, that's Discord, but I can adapt.

The way it would work is that each player would get control of a portion of fleet operations, as a Fleet Admiral if you will. Or as an example, an easy division is if playing as the Dominion, one player could act as the Cardassians, another as the Dominion, and another as the Breen, with full control of only that races respective ships and worlds.

Or you could have one player manage the fleet and another the planetary systems or whatever other division makes sense.

For a more overarching slower gameplay idea, someone could make a thread with updates set up sort of like how this let's play reads https://lparchive.org/Star-Trek-Birth-o ... ederation/
One player would run the game and post a few turns and players could vote on the next course of action. Something like that would bring the community closer together I believe. Or we could pass a save file around and after a predetermined set number of turns pass to the next person in line. Whoever the active player is with the save file would make a post or a video about their gameplay.

There could be an election for the next player to control the game. If we went the election route, players could post their campaign promises and what their agenda would be for the government. We would likely have to limit this as a choice between the two people who have been waiting for control the longest so everyone doesn't just vote for themselves. At least for the first couple of rounds. We would also need to decide if reelection is allowed or only allowed once every player in line has had a turn with the game.

Any interest in that sort of community gameplay or someone who wants to do a one on one cooperative game? We could always add anyone else who shows up late to the party and is interested to the group mid-game too.

Return to “Multiplayer Games”