GameRanger: new place to play Birth of the Federation online

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

well, carcher and I tried it - and it works very well. I've scrambled my ip to mismatch allowed ports on router and got rid of the static ip - still, connection is smooth and fast. No ips to enter, just click and connect... The game did recognize that i was behind the router but the connection went through... I recommend Gameranger if Wz or hamachi did not work out.... great stuff...i am SURPRISED it did not get much publicity till now...
way of the future, as carcher surmized? but then again, he was drunk and it was 3 am in the morning in England... :)) i still like WZ and gameranger will need to make adjustemt for multiplayer mods that thunder put together...
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

ruthlessferengi wrote:i still like WZ and gameranger will need to make adjustemt for multiplayer mods that thunder put together...
the Multi installers can be played in old room (other games) on warzone.

I also hope soon with Flocke DirectPlay Emulation Project all connection problems will be sovled no matter were you play :wink: . also there are plans for addon installer for this option (like hades 2.2).

thunderchero
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

thunderchero wrote:I also hope soon with Flocke DirectPlay Emulation Project all connection problems will be sovled no matter were you play :wink: . also there are plans for addon installer for this option (like hades 2.2).
I'm working on it, mate ;)
It's good that Game Ranger is working but won't stop me on finishing my project. Although I've not updated the corresponding thread in a while, I've done alot.
When finished, it should work with warzone. :)
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

ruthlessferengi wrote: but then again, he was drunk and it was 3 am in the morning in England... :) ...
Aye...shifty sod that one...... :roll:

Still its nice to have a plan b as they say!! Great work and many thanks Scott :D

All you chaps doing your techno tweaking and building for this game deserve a medal as well. I get lost reading all the posts 8O !

JBL
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

i was not drunk at 3am..i was drunk at 1am by 3am i was sober again :)
it must have been ruthlessferengies's orange ball of ferengie death that sobered me up 8O
but yeah, gameranger seams great for our game.i'd recomend everyone to give it a try. it's the future , i've tested it :P
btw wz has been very quiet this past couple of weeks, whare is everyone?
i've been hanging around like a bat but no one to play with :(

@jonboy gameranger could be the answer to your connection probs,let me know when you want to try it and i'll give you a dam good thrashing young man :twisted: :twisted:
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

i logged in now and then but dont see anyone i am dying for a game.

downloaded game ranger so cam play on that also when you guys want.

im free on xmas eve
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

gameranger is great but its a lot easier meeting up and chatting in warzone to start with, then open gameranger and kill everyone :twisted:
so its best to keep both rooms open then you've more chance of finding an opponent :) so what time xmas eve ? i'll try and make it
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
ruthlessferengi

Post by ruthlessferengi »

i think you are limited to 3 players in GR as well... which is probably a good idea

EDIT: also, may thunder should let GR folk know about adjusting the starter script to allow selection of mods, the way it is done in the OTHER GAMES lobby in WZ
Last edited by ruthlessferengi on Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

i have c eve off and i am gmt time. would be daytime or evening

online now guys and on ewar to chat and setup 1st
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

I just started a game on GameRanger with Multi installer using tournament mod.

I noticed in option\game you can set the path to trek.exe so change path to C:\BOTF\TRNE\trek.exe and other player did the same.

for us got sync error every 2 turns but this is one more option for multi installer game play.

So more testing I am sure will follow.

thunderchero

Return to “Multiplayer Games”