Tournament 3 - Season 1 2009

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

the problem with that... if on restart one gets excellent system and the other is still crap, how is that any different? we either settle with first time chance, or go ahead and try to make it "equal" or "equitable" - but that may involve a bunch of restarts and there is subjectivity there ... i did get two 50 pop secondary planets - that sucked:) but stil, let's stick to the principle - first draw stays, however sucky it may be...
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
kingy
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by kingy »

Easy All

aye, i feel the same, first out the bag,
this has been set up as the rules for this trony, the only rule iam happy to work around is the timer, but that was only coz of jarluer having kids, so i did not mind waiting ( it only a game and kids come first :) )
any way dissy, good systems not going to save me, when i mop the last of jarluer up, and have to play u, but i going to put up a fight, good systems of not good systems :) . victory will be that much sweeter if i have crap systems :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

edit, and it gives a chance (50\50) to the newbie (me as well) that they might get lucky and kncok out a pro

Kingy
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

RSE_Dissy wrote:are we allowed to restart if both players agree and ppl have shitty starting systems etc?
No, you're not, although I can't control. ;)
This has been discussed previously with the result that people would have to restart several times and never would get an equal map cause it's not only dependant on population.
Additionally this would cause experienced players gettin' the feel of having to give newbs a bonus on map which is against intention as got discussed last tournament. It would be unfair if some experienced follow that principle, giving newbs a major bonus and loose while others that don't follow that principle keep in tournament.
Not enough, it would require telling about systems in the beginning of the game, lessening tension and making tournament more complicated.

Some day, there might just be an improved generator ;)
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

even if I had crapy start systems in the tourney and the starting position was not "that good", I like the rule of no restarting in the tourney. In my opinion its better than to do 10+ restarts until every player is finally totally satisfied with the over 300 systems + dilithium or whatever is possible ;)

starting seeds can be a little bit annoying in small maps, but in bigger maps, its a minor problem in my opinion.
so I have no problems with the "no-restart-rule" in the tourney and I like 50/50 ;)
kingy
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by kingy »

well hear it is

first off jaurar was the roms, iwas the hairy ones.
and i got the very short end of the stick with starting systmes with 130 and 175 v 270 175 and it as it all ways go's bang!!!
there is the roms and cardies on my door step,

great i just love intel :).
so we both build up a few turns and next, 7 d2 pop up in klingon space,
at this time i thought iam done four intel is going to come in hard and fast, but it never comes
so i start to take minors near me and around the cardies
and he makes a new systems that i try to take at one point but he got a few scout and killed them just in time,
so by which time jaruler has moved to fleets in to klingon space
with one main fleet of warbirds, d1's, c2's and a smaller fleet of scouts and d2's, then i was very silly,
by pulling off my fleet of scouts and as iam not a fan of fleets behind me
so that leave my 12 k'vrots v mix fleet of ships, battle did go my way, but i was bricking it,
as ive never played a human player with a fleet like that, so jaruler did well
then he fort on like a klingon, so much so he now in the hall of wariors :). raiding my tt's that i was building for takeing the home world
This ended up going on for many turns, to the point i give up trying to build a fleet to take his homeworld
and start all my systems on a mass building of intel, which start's to work, so now i start to bribe his one minor and bomb his smaller systems leaveing just his old 3 stating systems, but even that i give up on, and moved back to take ing the home world which again he all most, stoped, with 12 d2's
but thank god it just got it, or i was going to jump out of my 4th floor window

all in all, great game, will be up there with the best ive ever played
jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

it was a very very good game and swang his way then mine then his and could have swang mine on last go if i played it right(we tested and he would have lost all fleet if i did)

as he says we started on weak planets but that was both of us. started close to him one of my planats went into bad mood after the first battle which i retreated and had to do tribunal. onlty managed 500 points on science throughout. most was on intel and i just wanted to steel his ships but never could. had 35% always on sabotage and 10 esp on him but only kept destroying intel reports! only once did i destroy a ship i think.

are first main battle went bad for me around turn 10. i had a selection of dest and scouts and took on a few HC and lost everything before firing. then i backed off and rebuilt. i bigger force and thought warbirds would be handle some of his ships and provide a command struture to aid the group.

alas even with 5 warbirds 12 dest and 5 scouts his Hc still fires first and takes me all out except a few small ships. my warbirds never even fired a shot even though in range.

so now it was going bad as that was my whole fleet by turn 50 gone. at this point he was starting building TT and i could only now think o fsmall hit and runs.

so i started making groups of scouts and destoryers building up quickly and taking out tt when iver i see one of course it meant suicide of my ships as they was always backed up with HC. but i was able to build faster for some reason even though i only had 3 planets and 1 i just colonised and he had his 3 plus 2 and 5 minors. seley, anticans, bajor, denab, and another.

it was working and i destroyed groups of tt every so often. then he started intercepting me with scouts and HC so i backed off and waited to come to me each time then destryoing TT.

then there was a point at which he brought a big fleet to romulas with 10 TT and 12 scouts and 12 HC i had to go for TT so i sent in my full force. As i cam from his space he sent his HC to where he thought i would be and left his scouts and tt at romulas. of course then i destroyed all his ships there. with about 20 of my own of destroyers and 4 battle cruisers.

at this point i was rebuilding more even though i had no cash to support them with only a few planets but teh cards gave me money soon before and it helped. this was before he took cardassia.

now i was getting bold and started going to his space hoping to pick off ships in hit and runs but only a few and i did not want to meet his HC though so always had a ship uncloacked so give me time to retreat. but he also retreated with them when we met. strange i thought since every encounter so far he has won with them.

so we went on and soon we then had another battle with his 8 HC (he had more though elsewhere) again they destroyed me even though they had to decloak to kill scout. i only managed 2 kills from 6 battle cruisers and around 13 dest and 5 scouts.

something i now think is wrong with the firing times.. as even though i focused firepower by each ship both turns only 2 was destroyed on 1st and and next turn he killed every ship before mine fired again.. they was all in range

by this time his HC are on 4 bars of experiance.

and i have to go about again rebuilding and killing TTs.

I bribe tamerians off cards. and he keeps trying to intercept my fleet. and keeps doing so for 5 turns and i lose around 9 ships.

by now i keep moving and pridicting his paths and plans. manage to rebuild again only destroyers though and around 13 meet his full force in romulas.

at the same time i am taking ferg colonies, and i have had sabotage on 2 planats destroyong my orbs on 2 low level planets. i rebuild them quickly.

but back to romulas. i have to kill 15 transports 7 scouts, 1 dest and 8 HC on legend exp. TT are my only hope to crush him as all his ships are uncloaked to take system. i meet him with 12 destryoers and 1st turn kill all but 5 TT.

then i lose teh game by hitting TT but taken 3 ships off thinking it will be enough and try ram 1 HC. this cost me the game and that turn he destroyed all destroyers before firing. on taking the planet he woudl need 3-4 TT and he had 5. his attack on planet cost him 9 Ships. unknown which.

ona test after i redid it and did not take 3 ships off to ram and kept them to kill TT. i killed them all off and i would have survived and he would have lost more ships. that would have been a turning point again.

alas no and he won well and I like to think him to being able to work around me and my times because of commitments.

it was a very intense game
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Sounds like an epic!
Very rare on t5 small map. Cool that you had some fun and finally finished in a big battle. :D

I believe first shot is related to crew experience, but someone would have to proove. With gettin' a save before such a battle in which you're sure that something went wrong and getting instructions on ship commands to be used, we could easily refight and proove your observations.

Cause noone requested for extension yet and Nick and JeanNYGUARD hiding and dropping out of tournament, I have to believe that all the other three remaining games of round one will get finished by today. That would be pretty cool! 8)
So, verbal & QuakeDevil, ruthlessferengi & CptFisH and moskka & dx_chaos, how are your games going? Let us participate! =)
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

verbal & QuakeDevil match was completed wed with QuakeDevil the winner.

thunderchero
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

ah, great!

Well, moskka and dx_chaos want to try tomorrow again, I'll try to catch CptFisH and ruthless.

This round get's extended for at least one day!
Joe19822
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Joe19822 »

wow didn't realize there were tournaments for this game well i'll sign up but not sure one when my availability is to be honest i signed up for this site just to get one of my favorite games working again, anyway if anyone is up for a practice game give me a shout
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Joe19822 wrote:well i'll sign up
too late for this tournament, be quicker next one :lol:
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

dx_chaos and moskka have played today with dx_chaos defeating moskka as far they told on warzone. I'm interested in a report about the fights being faught! :D

Have talked with CptFisH, he has been very busy the last days but is confident in playing tomorrow. I hope ruthlessferengi is having time as well, didn't hear much from both of you.

I extend round for you both for one additional day again, hopefully you'll get it played! Sunday/tomorrow is last chance for you as long I don't get more info and a request.
So please, if this is not enough, tell me and clarify or both of you will get dropped :!:

JeanNYGUARD and Nick are dropped, cause of no response at all.
To make it clear again, for all that know about opponents, hf, you don't need to wait on round one being finished.
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

Just finished my game with JBL. He died with honour.

Tech 4, I was Klings and JBL was roms. I had a starting system of 200, while JBL had a 240, so it was very even. Qo'nos was at the bottom left half of the map, and Romulus the bottom right half.

We met at around turn 50 ish, and I took 2 of his colonies to gain range on Romulas. Ship wise, I had 8 Battle Cruiser 2s, and 10 Scout 2s, sat on Romulus bombing his system. After 2 turns, he engaged my fleet with 15 Destroyer 2s and took out my fleet, leaving him with 9 Destroyer 2s.

After this battle, I was a bit shocked, as I thought I would have won the battle, but alas I did not. Over the next 20 turns, I built 28 Destroyer 2s before upgrading (giving me a production advantage) and finally, on turn 79, destroyed his D2 fleet while he was uncloaked trying to take his colony back, leaving me with 25 D2s sat next to Romulus. At this point, he conceded.

This was a good game, and he took some beating. His intel had been getting to me steadily all the way through, knocking out food structures on my homeworld.

Good game, and well played.
dx_chaos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by dx_chaos »

Hey all

Quick report on my game with moskka. He chose cards, i took klings. We met at turn 2.

As can happen in those sorts of games it was more of battle to see which would be more successful my military or his intel. I was able to resist his intel efforts - though he very nearly starved one of my systems to destruction! - and was lucky enough to be in central position - this allowed me to limit his expansion.

I was also lucky in getting decent systems - Moskka's were ok but unfortunately one needed two planets terraformed - which i was able to prevent. Eventually i was able to get two planets building ships and a fleet built up. Moskka put up a good fight but i got there in the end.

Nice game 8)
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

Hey all, just a quick report on my game with Chris.....

I Lost........

Back to you Thunder....

:P
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]

Return to “Multiplayer Games”