Tournament 3 - Season 1 2009

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

Thrasy
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Thrasy »

I forgot the name of my opponent for tonight. Told him I'd be on Warzone tonight, but I won't be able to make it. I anyone wonders where I'm am, can someone who is online at that moment apologize for me and tell him I will be around at another time this week?
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

oh hey it was me you was meant to be playing

when can you make it then?
Dissy of Red Squad Elite;

The Elite Gaming Clan of the MSN Gaming Zone

Peace, Love & Unity
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

We're having some troubles with forfeits now.
1st second chance round is over and CptFisH as well as verbal are out, cause CptFisH didn't manage to find time and verbal didn't even respond.
3rd main round would end today but I already know that wesley and jbl can't finish. I hope JBL comes online soon, so they can at least play a few turns. I would give them permission to play with different conditions to get a result, but in a few hours wesley will leave and won't come back online for about a week.
Due to rules, if they don't manage to play, wisefaiz would get another chance to fight jbl, if they manage to find time sometime soon.
Else jbl get's a pass by in 3rd round and would fight me in semi final match.

We'll see what happens...
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

I offer to play jbl since he was moved from seccond chance he should at least have on battle

thunderchero
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

No need to worry about wes and me we managed to play our game this afternoon as I was on an early at work so could play pm.

Congratulations to wesley in one of the most interesting games ive ever played.

:P

JBL
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Good to hear,

I did not want to play a joker like you anyway.

thunderchero
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

not good news from me here. It is hopefully just a temporary problem, but I tested warzone a little bit, in fact of the many many disconnects I had the last 1-2 weeks.

Even at this time (1130) I have one disconnect after another - every 5 minutes. I hope it will be better at the weekend in my game against severenth. I had these disconnects some times before and hoped, that perhaps now it would be possibly better, but I was mistaken as it seems. :(

I noticed some lag, too, as I tried some chats to check the stability. if anyone knows how to make the warzone connection not as fragile as it is, so that it dont disconnect within every little lag that occures from time to time, I would be thankful.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

"...one of the most interesting games..." :o
Nice and fast, congratz wesley!
so it will be BORG vs BORG next, huh? 8O
BORG should unify!! :roll:

@Krazee, if you're playing without bypass, ports are passing and disconnects only affect warzone, it's no problem cause you only need warzone to launch the game. After having launched, you'll have a direct IP connection to your opponent and BotF won't crash cause of being disconnected from warzone. ;)
Good luck to you and severenth! Have a nice match! :)

If it's a general connection problem, resetting your router might help.
It might have internal synchronization problems with your ISP, as it has been for me some time ago. This normally causes lower data rate (bandwidth) as well, detectable with speed tests like http://www.wieistmeineip.de/speedtest/.
Resetting/Restarting the router by its buttons solved that issue for me - before, I only pulled the plug *cough*.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I hoped that the warzone client is just needed to launch a game. :) I'm glad at the moment, so I just have to deal with the "usual intererences". I did the speedtest as well. After I rebootet completely - the 1st one was ok, the 2nd was perfect. This sync error between router and isp seem to happen very often here. Many thanks for the information and your help again pal!

*breathes a sigh of relief*

edit:
severenth and myself will start our match tomorrow evening estimated time 2100/2200 +1GMT
Last edited by KrazeeXXL on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

that one was in german so cant get much info from it.

aol say i am getting 7.6mbs and the connection says 7.6 but i did a upload and download test and it says about 4.5mbs.

how can this be and how can i find out how to increase it?

also how do i do the sync thing on my router? so that it resets?
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

jaruler wrote:that one was in german so cant get much info from it.
Right, but I knew Krazee is living in germany ;)

It might be that the server of that page has less speed if testing from another country, especially overseas, so better search the web for a more regional one. But 4.5mbs instead of 7.6mbs is a real big difference that shouldn't occure.

Of course you should assure that no other programs are interferring the test.

The "sync thing" is something your router is doing automaticly on isp connection. Validate your test result on another page, try turning off your router by it's power button if it has any and restart, try the tests again.
Sometimes your ISP is just reconfiguring or having temporary internal problems, so wait a few days always tying again. You might try resetting your router as well, but take care about not loosing your router configuration or write it down somewhere.
If all doesn't help, your router might be damaged or your ISP has lowered your connection speed cause of cable issues or something. But if your ISP has lowered max data rate, you should at least have a stable connection, not disconnecting every few minutes on warzone like Krazee has reported. ;)

Hope this info helps and answers your questions. :)
jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

i am on aol voyalger 105 router. no off button and just 3 lights. no other program was runninb that can interfere. the wire to the pc that goes through usb is taken out each day and put behind out of the way from my 11 month year old.

wheni click connect it pops up 7.6. but i did a test from a download from downloads.com com and used full speed to boost it but see no difference

used internet frog and it measured around 380bps and same for upload and said quality of service was around 22-48% as i did 3 time with verying results.

is there a test i can do or dlwnload that will pinpoint my connection strength and download strength and go through in detail how to increase it?

when it come to the internet and thsi stuff i am a right noob

thanks
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

jaruler wrote:i am on aol voyalger 105 router. no off button and just 3 lights. no other program was runninb that can interfere. the wire to the pc that goes through usb is taken out each day and put behind out of the way from my 11 month year old.

wheni click connect it pops up 7.6. but i did a test from a download from downloads.com com and used full speed to boost it but see no difference

used internet frog and it measured around 380bps and same for upload and said quality of service was around 22-48% as i did 3 time with verying results.

is there a test i can do or dlwnload that will pinpoint my connection strength and download strength and go through in detail how to increase it?

when it come to the internet and thsi stuff i am a right noob

thanks
You can test your speed here http://www.speedtest.net/

As to how to improve the speed of your internet..... google it!!

JBL
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

ok that says 5526kbp download and 356 upload.

as for google th ebest way to increase speed i have and so far used several useless freeware that does nothing.

does anyone have a dead sure software or way to increase speed? without paying lol
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

if you have a connection with 6000kbit/s than your values are "ok" - nothing more.

you may try TCP Optimizer.

here I found it for you again, because I know you have some paranoia in using Google (I can understand this ; )

http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

by the way, to come back to the tourney.
I got a pm from severenth and we moved our game to tomorrow 2100 gmt+1.

Return to “Multiplayer Games”