Season 2 2009 round 2 has started

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

ruthlessferengi wrote:18 kvort's II is capable of destorying twice the size of cardassian HCII and 30 odd spy ships... take out spy ships first on cloaked run (ram death otherwise) and then evade. klingon victory is almost guaranteed... similar battle happened between my brother and Chris in ?second tourney?
That's my experience as well, 19 klingon kvort's and a fleet of 50 scoutII is just superior. evading with scouts in first turn and then trying to circle with kvort's to escape the ram is just either dumb or a real big fault :lol:

kvort's are most powerful in close combat, evading first turn may be a great tactic to keep them safe from ramming.
The scouts should be killed first turn and one scout each tt should be enough to blow them as well. It wouldn't even have been necessary to assign all kvort's on the scouts first turn with having 50 klingon bird of preyII.
A battle like 19 k'vorts II and 51 scouts II against 24 hcII and 27 scoutsII is almost a sure victory for the klingon.
Try it out a few times and you'll see that the battle gets decided by the moves of the klingon in cloaked turn.

And using intel as a cardassian is predictable. :lol:

Anyway, thunder is right, and I'm sure you both played well, although it's funny you've been in turn 152 and dx_chaos and me ended in turn 52 8O

In BotF you always win by the faults of the others, right?
It's your strength not making faults on your own, and there are just too many ways of making faults in BotF. :roll:

In my opinion, the hardest thing is accepting the own faults after such a big loss, so keep patient with our still in practice drone, JBL. ;)
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

Oh XXL the great tale-teller,
Tell me the story of the sore BOTF player,
Is he Borg or is he Klingon,
with prose like that he may carry on,
to win the tourny - to be crowned champion.....
----
But alas in this case it was not to be,
for a cunning opponent it turned out you see,
did nothing all game, just sat around,
no intel, no buildings built from the ground,
no tactical combat with warning sound.....
---
"Predictable intel" you see that was the key,
made all the difference (whatever it may be?),
to combat it he tried to trigger,
a tactic of unimaginable terror-
"Windows has experience an unknown error......"
---
"I blew it myself" in poor form he cried,
"YOU maybe need a checkup" - I read and sighed,
"Your on my blacklist" - "Your a bad winner"...
make some weird reference to the Berlin Orchestra,
"His minors are too big take a look at Tama"
---
"I lay on the ground - I lost and i'm completely down",
Cheer up dont worry i'll turn that frown around,
Ive found a puppet to re-create your fleets destruction and end game hell,
"You have the decision. But beware of the aftermath" said XXL,
For my response click http://www.maniacworld.com/angry-german-kid-puppet.html
Last edited by jonboylondon on Wed May 13, 2009 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

Flocke wrote:In my opinion, the hardest thing is accepting the own faults after such a big loss, so keep patient with our still in practice drone, JBL. ;)
wise words and a feeling i know all to well!!

ok flocke.....and as thunder requested i will not post any further on the matter. Good to see the project is near completion!! :D
[bonk!]
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

angry? :lol:
I'm bored
of watching you trying to reach some level.

[DELETED: for the peace... We all need it. And we ALL are friends here as said further by wesley]

Don't assume me to act/be or even think like you.

dude you're less than as half as funny as you might think.

Even if I'll don't have much time in the next weeks...

C U in next tourney!

you self appointed genius

and now I'm definitely out

is he Borg or is he Klingon... lol how lame... out ;) STOP IT

ok to lighten you up:
I'm a Klingon in a Vulcan in a Borg :lol:

p.s.: for further discussions pm me, even if I don't have any time for such vacuous babble

edit: and check your quotes on me. "some" are just subjective interpretations of yourself of what I ought to have written not what I have written
Last edited by KrazeeXXL on Wed May 13, 2009 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wesley
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Oh leut streitet nemme1

Post by wesley »

Ich hät des letzte spiel au fast verlorn, aba was machts?

Ich denke übrigends auch wie hannes, der fehler des gegners lässt einen gewinnen und der eigene fehler verlieren.
Wenn eine kvortflotte auf einige wenige hcs feuert und die meisten schüsse ins leere gehn kann man auch verlierne.
Ich persönlich in auch mies in de combats, trotzdem habe ich das letzte tunier gewonnen.

Und flocke und ich stehen im endspiel!(hoffe ich)
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

das Finale hat noch nicht angefangen!!

Bitte auch bewusst seien Sie dass ich sagte nie irgendetwas Schlechtes über Deutsche!

JBL
[bonk!]
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

of course I wish both of my fellow Borg Friends good luck to reach the finals. Everyone who reaches them deserves it.

but it's funny somehow. JBL wants me to not to admit my own failures that let him win the game. And with my little writing I gave him the vicotry and almost worshipped him and his surperiour strength... lol

either way I don't care. after the game is before the game... and it is just a damn game at the end. Don't take it to seriously JBL- I don't and never did. And please don't continue this farce. It's almost ridiculous. (at least my writing brought some fun into it)

I said I made a big mistake @combat in my first writing and all others admit that my fleet would have won if I wasnt so stupid. I admitted it from the start. So I don't see your problem.

STOP IT and prepare to become assimilated

:lol: TC don't kick me I just wanted to end this finally. I'm sick of it. ;)
Last edited by KrazeeXXL on Wed May 13, 2009 7:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Flocke said
In BotF you always win by the faults of the others, right?
Sorry I don't entirely agree with this. There are many more variables in BOTF than in chess for example, but if both players were able to play a theoretically perfect game, then the player with best start position will win.

It's not just down to errors that games are lost, start position is a major factor also.

I lost to Flocke in an earlier Tourney with vastly inferior start systems and postion. Does this take away from Flocke's victory?

No.....you can only play what's in front of you as well as you can and I made errors in that match anyway.

I beat thunderchero and I had slightly inferior second systems, but and this is a big but, I had a much, much better start position!

I lost to Omegaleader and by his own admission it wasn't a balanced game due to my vastly inferior start systems and I can honestly say after playing it that although I didn't play the perfect game, absolutely no one would have beat Omegaleader with that start.

To some degree I can understand bad natured posts between opponents and I won't take sides, but let's remember it's just a game and we're all friends here with a common interest...right?

Personally, I'll be happy with next tourney to try out BOP, which I've never actually played before, but understand is more balanced. Start position will make a difference but nothing like as significant as past tourneys.

I hated losing my first tourney game so spectacularly and realised that tourney play demands a different mentality, which I have now adopted, so for me I hope to do better next time.

Krazee and JBL, your posts have been quite amusing, but in reality it's a bit sad that you're at each other in this way (I'm not taking sides or blaming as I respect you both) so why don't you take it out on each other in a way that you can both enjoy, on the battlefield and not in here.

Qapla' to JBL in this tournement and to both of you in future tournements.

Trying to be a peacemaker usually gets you hated by both sides...I hope you both don't hate me for what I've said!

Best regards

Pigman
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

ah na how I could hate someone who wants to bring some peace into it?

okay I'm german but :lol: ;) just kidding

*offers his hand out to Jonboylondon*
wesley
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by wesley »

Pigman wrote:Flocke said
There are many more variables in BOTF than in chess for example
i play chacc sine 20 years now.
And i know it is the ganme with the most variables and only i nnteigence can help u to win this game.

Iam happy to play against each opponent bext i cant awit it!
I will assimilate you all (i hope so)
:)
And yes we are all friends!

I plan to think about a meeting of all uk and german players in calais (france) in endsummer!

What do u think about this plan?
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

wesley wrote:And i know it is the ganme with the most variables
it isn't. many years ago I read about an chinese(?) at least far eastern game with much more variables and possibilites then chess. Chess almost looked a little like a baby compared to it.

A BotF meeting sounds nice but I know I won't have any time in summer. :( and why france btw?

they won't understand us there. They just speak french there - they even just speak it if they are here :lol: I know that JBL and myself speak a little bit french but... not good idea ;) (france) the meeting otherwise is interesting. have a direct train connection to Hamburg btw... not many hours. less then 6 I guess ;)
Last edited by KrazeeXXL on Wed May 13, 2009 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Wesley said
i play chacc sine 20 years now.
And i know it is the ganme with the most variables and only i nnteigence can help u to win this game.
I've played chess for 44 years, only occasionally these days, but it is played on a grid of 8 x 8 squares and only has 6 different types of ships!...sorry pieces and these pieces have far fewer options than the ships on BOTF and yet BOTF is played on much bigger grids and has additional variables including Intel, Diplomacy, Economy and much more.

In chess everything is in front of you and it is a pure meeting of 2 minds with very slight advantage to White playing first, which is why tournements are played over a series of games.

And despite the apparent simplicity of chess there are vast quantities of books written about opening theory, middle game strategy and tactics, as well as end game theory (I know I've read loads of them), but for all this BOTF is vastly...almost infinitely more complex than chess and very few reach the pinnacle of chess, so it would be virtually impossible to play the perfect game of BOTF without a step change in our ability to use our full brain power!

That's one reason why this game will never lose it's appeal to me

Regards

Pigman

p.s. sorry but think this has gone off subject..I will desist
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

pigman wrote: p.s. sorry but think this has gone off subject..I will desist
I won't say that. This thread is in "Multiplayer Games" ;) ok it isnt a chess one but I guess BotF is comparable to chess. At least I used to do that in past.

btw we had chess olympics last year in my city. But had no time to go there... a shame.

ok it seems to be off topic ;) :lol: if I read it again... nothing about the tourney... so someone should open a new thread...

ok I'll do it ;) (in general chat)

viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=11945#11945
severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

I cant belive how childish a simple win/loss situation turned into nearly a page of random ... junk?

You win, you win, you lose, you lose.

Moving on, myself and Flocke should be having our match tomrorow afternoon around 14:00 GMT+0 onwards, looking forward to making it difficult for a champion toruney winner of days past :D
Last Multiplayer Game :-
update pending
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

severenth wrote:Moving on, myself and Flocke should be having our match tomrorow afternoon around 14:00 GMT+0 onwards, looking forward to making it difficult for a champion toruney winner of days past :D
14:00 GMT sounds great, I'll be there

@Pigman, yeah, of course you're absolutely right, luck has a main influence as well as the bad race balance. I often tend to exclude that. ;)

Return to “Multiplayer Games”