Tournament Idea

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Tournament Idea

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

I am just wondering,

If I started signup for next tournament when second round starts,

And rotate mods. so next tournament would be Blance of power. The one after that Ultimate Dominion mod, then Ultimate mod 4.... ect
with each tournament signup starting when second round is started?

all tournament same conditions for quick game play.

would everyone be interested?

thunderchero
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

If it evens up the empires then I'd certainly be up for BOP and probably UDM III as well

Will have to get some practice in on the others first

Regards

Pigman
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Or another idea?

My main complaint with current tournements is that there is such a huge swing in sizes of additional colonies at start of game

Before the tourney I trialed 20 MP starts with Klingons v Romulans and the potential populations of the 2 additional colonies varied from a minimum of 300 to a maximum of 665

Obviously this gives a huge potential for disparity and no matter how good you may be, if you have much smaller starting systems you will most likely lose

So my question then, is, can the probability of such a wide variation in population potential for all AI empires be reduced to a more sensible/fair level?

In single player games it's all part of the challenge and not much of a challenge as the AI is stupid, but in Multiplayer, surely it's better if the game isn't more or less decided by the start position?

The other main issue I have with Flocke's Tourney Mod, and this isn't a critcism, is that the Klingon Heavy Cruisers are much too powerful and either need their disruptors reduced in power or in number

Just some ideas to throw around

Regards

Pigman
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Well, if we do wind up playing BoP for the next tourney, that'll cure both your problems Pigman.

Gowron's got the game set so your second systems always have the same starting population.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Never actually played BOP before, so will have to give it a go

Sounds like it's what Vanilla should have been in the first place. Hope Thunderchero goes ahead with a BOP tournement and I guess I'd better get some practice in

Regards

Pigman
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Or how about UCW?

Wish I could claim it as my idea, but my son suggested it. With 2 evenly matched Klingon empires it would be a much fairer fight

Regards

Pigman

Return to “Multiplayer Games”