TOURNAMENT 4 2009 "VANILLA" - NOW OFFICIAL!!

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

ok jig it's me and you again :) let me know when you can play.i'm good for most weekday evennings as i have no social life :(

oh yeah and sign up to the ladder league then we can record the result for posterity :)
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Torrad wrote:It may be next week until i have time to play again. Working 60 hour weeks atm.
Thats ok Torrad, I am pretty busy myself aswell. Just send me a PM as soon as you are available.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
to be released for UDM3.0.1a !
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Have pm'd mickar response

Now just waiting to agree time

Regards

Pigman
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Hi JBL

With regards to settings in the current quarter-final stages can I confirm rules on settings please?

Quote from rules:-
GROUP/KNOCKOUT STAGE 2 - Player 1 Chooses the settings, Player 2 chooses the races, Player 1 then gets first pick of race. After the group stage 1 there should be a more equal balence of players, and although seeding is still in effect (ie lower seed is player1) this will balence it out a bit.
As we have had a number of changes to competition format and who plays who etc., due to players dropping out, is the above rule in place for the balance of the competition?

Regards

Pigman
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

I replied to you pigman and yes the above rules r in place.

EDIT: If you have time right now would be good or we'll have to wait till next weekend.
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

RF and I have played our game.

As the lower seed, I chose T5, med, many minors, imposs, irreg.

RF chose a Fed vs Ferg game, and I took Feds.

It took us ages to get comparable starting systems, but we eventually did. Unfortunately for RF, we met very early, which gave Fed the advantage.

I managed to get 30k off klings, and 10k off Cards before it all dried up. After this, I took a minor near ferg space and then proceeded to Ferenginar to bomb. Upon arrival, orbs were being built so I decided to bomb his 300-pop sister system instead.

A few turns later, ferg was down to 2 systems. However, mass building of orbs delayed me a while, to the point I had to build scouts to act as flack, just to keep up. Invasion attempt failed, and then phantom orbs kicked in on Ferenginar which delayed me even more.

Meanwhile, Ferg ran for Card space searching for a new home. He took a few systems, but eventually conceded around turn 50 before attempting to take Cardassia.

Overall, it was a good game and RF played well. It could quite well have been over sooner, but RF managed to hold out well and make me work for it.

Cheers
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

chris and i had our game. he chose settings (t5, med, irreg), i reluctantly supplied the races (fed and ferengi), and off we went. my plan was to avoid roms vs cardies debacle (torrad hurt me bad and i know crhis would go for roms again:), so i was hoping to use cheap children's psychology trick to get chris to go for ferg (supposedly my favorite) but he chose feds, so i was left cherishing the hope of a long range far far away from him...

we stated with about 20 reloads to get our pop right, so in the end i ended with somewhat higher pop 305, 180 vs his -270? and 160 and extra dil.

my death warrant was served at turn ?5 when i saw feds in my mid range, but the pain of butchering was prolonged until turn 50...

chris did what mickar did to me last night (not pretty, but you can guess), i.e. build 6 hc and a bunch of hd and sat over my fat sister planet eventyllay bombing this to zilch.

i abandon my hope of getting raiders, and switched to wc to get some fleet and get ai, while building orbs... i should have build orbs earlier as 14 orbs on ferenginar stalled Chris over my planets for good ? 15 turns..

so after turn 25 i realized i was still alive, i went for vulcan to get range to cardies, declared war on cardies, and by turn 45 got their 280 pop planet but ran into credit defecit. by that turn i had 4 tts and 12 wc2, so i scrapped 2 of them, and got nil back... that was a bug, painful but not as painful as losing ferenginar - i stil had some orbs over ferenginar to keep chris busy for awhile. my options were to roll back two turns, get my 25 grand back, and go for cardies, then roms to get a fleet,... or concede defeat, as chris would probably take over my home worlds soon, and then go after my new 13th tribe colonies... i decided to concede as clearly in this game Chris played a better game, and deserves to win.

while i cherish the thought of tearing dissy and mickar in this tournament (that would be the day, eh? :)) ) from limb to limb, i have to leave this somber duty to Chris as he is a winner in this game. Always a pleasure to play Chris, and more games to come... for now, i am pretty much convinced that ferengi are not very well suited for t5 med vs an assassin minded player of superb caliber... :)
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
jigalypuff
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by jigalypuff »

carcher wrote: oh yeah and sign up to the ladder league then we can record the result for posterity :)
Great embarrassed forever :lol:
I`ll try and get in a game wensday.
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

i've had enough embarresment for one day thx jig :roll: wednesday sounds good :)
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

match report! chaos v dissy 1/4 final

Post by RSE_Dissy »

i won turn 23, here is view from battle,

chaos picked t5 med many iireg imposs, i choose card v rom,

he choose rom, i take card

--

we meet very early - i rush out scouting to try meet ferg n fed, get meeting with ferg and get some money off 'em - build up some fleet - only had 2 dilith all game so juggled phantom di hence me having many smaller vessels!
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

Ok, pigman and I played our tournament game. pigman chose settings as t2 large normal no minor, I chose rom/card and pigman selected rom.

Game lasted 195 turns and 6hrs long. I won't go into much detail, mainly cause it would take forever but the bottom line is I won.

Thanks to pigman for a well played game.
ruthlessferengi

Post by ruthlessferengi »

i don't play many t2 games so it would be nice to see a report sometime down the road - learn by proxy:)
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

read back to first round, i wrote a fairly long report for my game vs pigman, also t2 large
Dissy of Red Squad Elite;

The Elite Gaming Clan of the MSN Gaming Zone

Peace, Love & Unity
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Hi Dissy & RF

Must be a glutton for punishment, but my rationale in going T2 in games against experienced Vanilla players is that most games are T5 and a fair few are T4, but not too many lower techs.

Although I'm not inexperienced overall, I am in competitive terms and haven't really got all of the tricks under my belt yet. I figured that T2 might give me more chance of success.

Result so far:- 2 games - 2 defeats

Each game lasted over 190 turns though and there was always the possibity of boring my opponent into submission. So, I lost first to Dissy and as he said, you can read his report. And I lost to mickar, who understandably, didn't fancy reporting on such a long game.

I know it's not much fun as loser to report on game, but if I can find time I might make the effort. Despite the similar length of the 2 games I played, I have improved somewhat and one day may actually win a T2 against one of the top dogs (who knows)!!

In future Vanilla games any opponent of mine can expect T2 large irregular with no minors, not that anyone's quaking with fear, but at least you know you'll be in for a long game!!

Regards

Pigman
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

Puggie and I are well into our game and we will have a result soon, Carcher and Mentat and Jiggly and Torrad do we have any progress yet?

JBL

:D
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]

Return to “Multiplayer Games”