TOURNAMENT 4 2009 "VANILLA" - NOW OFFICIAL!!

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

jigalypuff wrote:6pm BST (GMT + 1) next week is good for me.

sorry man i never saw your post :)
Tuesday or wensday is good for ma, which for you?
Either, lets go for Tuesday; get it started soon as poss. Settings and race are yours I believe. :)
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

DX and i just finished our first group match,dx chose roms on t5. many minors, hard,med and ring shaped galaxy :o .so i picked cards ( stupid stupid stupid ..i know ).
i was top right ish and 7 turns later i realised dx was middle'ish.........with a lot of ships 8O
to cut a long story short ,we spent the next 40 turns playing cat and mouse
i was desperatly building /buying ships tryimg to catch up with his fleet,while he took my only minor ( bajor)and doing his best to run my fleet down .
his intel was of course doing its job ,not to hurtfull but increasing all the time. when it got to the point whare i was totally in the red i just parked up my fleet and waited for him.
About 15 bc's , 9 destroyers and a few scouts attacked my 13 hc's 16 destroyers and 2 scouts (not sure about the exact numbers to be honest)and after the cloaked turn ,i opened my eyes and saw about 9 hc's and a few fast attack left intact, so i set all ships to ramming speed and got quite a few roms but to no avail.
i conceded the game :cry:
i must say dx played the roms to perfection and really deserved the win
i'm just glad its not a knockout compatition yet :)
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Congratz to dx_chaos and commiz to carcher

Well done to both of you for getting on with starting group games. Don't know how you got it past your good lady dx?

Not sure that Cards were such a bad idea carcher. Read my recent report as I took Cards against CptPugwash who took Roms, also at T5, but small irregular, impossible, many minors.

I didn't use ram in our big battle, apart from TTs, but then I had a bigger fleet and my HCs were HC IIs.

IMO, Klings have been neutered without cloak on K'Vort for med & large galaxies, so Cardies seem a fair option.

Noticed you went ring galaxy. I had made obviously wrong assumption that all tournament games were to be irregular galaxy, so for me this adds another interesting tactical option to the choosing player.

Don't know what group you're in or who else is in it, but I hope you both progress as you're both quality players. (don't mean to upset anyone else in your group by saying that)

Regards

Pigman
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Ooops, just seen that ruthlessferengi's also in your group, as well as lupus. I don't know lupus, but RF just knocked me out of BoP at semi-final stage before going on to win, so I have to officially hope you all make it through!

Tough group you've got there.

Wish you all well.

Regards

Pigman
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

group a: let's decide who is playing who:) there are no guarantees when Dx and Carcher are involved so i'll just stay low and humble:)
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

You wrote a nice report Pigman. It brought some cool atmosphere in here and I really enjoyed reading it :)

Seems that CptPugwash had some good training.

mega :lol: @ringgalaxy

good move, I have to admit. Can't say what I would've done in carchers position. Okay I don't like cards and had choosen another race but I played a ring galaxy maybe once in my entire life. But it's a nice change from standart irregular gals.

Good to see, that most of you finally started and have some fun. Carry on doing your good games and don't forget to take some screenshots.

greetz B_K

btw what will happen if ruthless will win this tourney, too? will he loose his avatar picture and will be metamorphosed into a walking badge then?
dx_chaos
Ensign
Ensign

First Tourny Match versus AFC_Carcher

Post by dx_chaos »

Just wanted to post a quick report on my game against Carcher.

As Carcher has stated I chose settings (T5 med many, ring) and selected Roms, Carcher took Cardies - I know he isnt sure that was the right choice but I reckon I probably would have took it too.

I figured that the settings I selected would give me a good chance especially if i got next to him - and thats how it worked out. Carcher was unlucky though - I also got decent systems and a couple of nearby minors with dilithium. :D

Despite these advantages, Carcher gave me a really hard time - I never realised those cardies could be so hard to catch! 8O

I was however limiting his expansion - particularly when i took Bajor and with it his second dilith. Meanwhile i was also getting some credits from the klings and early on from the fergs and this allowed me to maintain a larger fleet. As he has said I was camped in his system and we eventually met - although the battle crashed at end the result seemed to be clearly in my favour.

I want to give credit to Carcher both for the difficult match and also for his generous concession - I certainly would have had a decent advantage after the battle but he could have prolonged things had he wished.

I look forwrd to future matches against Carcher and also to playing RF and Lupus

RF - I think weekends are likely to be our best chance given the time difference

Lupus - Maybe i can catch you in WZ some evening during week

Cheers

DX_Chaos :lol:

PS - Pigman - you could have warned how much work this parenthood thing is!!
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

dx_chaos said
PS - Pigman - you could have warned how much work this parenthood thing is!!
Was wondering how you managed to get entering this tourney past your wife. Believe me, the hard works only just started, but so has the fun.

Hope you enjoy the tourney. Looks like you made a good start, even if carcher got some tough breaks.

Maybe, if I get through my group, we'll meet in next round.

Qa'pla to both of you, and congratz, both for your win and your new addition.

Regards

Pigman
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

RSE_Chris wrote:
jigalypuff wrote:6pm BST (GMT + 1) next week is good for me.

sorry man i never saw your post :)
Tuesday or wensday is good for ma, which for you?
Either, lets go for Tuesday; get it started soon as poss. Settings and race are yours I believe. :)
What's happening with our game Jig, been around most of this evening but no sign. :?
jigalypuff
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by jigalypuff »

Sorry mate i had an emergency call out, can you make it for tonight?
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

jigalypuff wrote:Sorry mate i had an emergency call out, can you make it for tonight?
No probs Jig - yeah I can make it tonight.
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

MATCH REPORT

Dissy vs Pugwash

Pugwash select t5 small many irreg imposs and cards

I pick kling

we meet early, and fight very early...

on turn 9, with my fleet of destroyer2s positioned above cardassia and popping out scouts+tts for invasion, pugwash conceded after a dest2 vs scout battlecrash realising he cud not win the game,

short but sweet game m8, you'll get better

we had a battle; 8 destroyerIIs + 1 scoutII vs 3 card heavy cruiser, 6 destII came out alive...that was the end pretty much(that battle on turn 7)

here is screenshot (btw fergs r right beside, but they actually rejected my demands as i started demanding too early when i didnt have enuff ships, thus i got zero funds from AI!)

at this stage i have 9 destroyer II, 4 scoutIIs, and 2 TTIIs, the card ship up north is the scout we crashed on in battle turn after..(i sent 1 dest to kill it)
Dissy of Red Squad Elite;

The Elite Gaming Clan of the MSN Gaming Zone

Peace, Love & Unity
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Hi RSE_Dissy & CptPugwash

Another group game played, well done guys, keeping it moving.

Still haven't seen or heard from Abunaiaite (or however it's spelt).

Hard luck CptPugwash (you didn't do so bad with Roms, so maybe you should have stuck with them).

However, I see RSE_Dissy went for the jugular (despite the peace & love thing), and was obviously able to build quick. Need a lot more than 3 HCs after 7 or so turns.

Congratz RSE_Dissy, but believe me, I won't be fooled by the hippie peace & love stuff. I know you're a Klingon at heart! Oh, and I won't be playing at Tech 5.

How many Dils did you have each and what sized systems?

Yes short but sweet, but hope you both enjoyed anyway.

Regards

Pigman
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

i had 220 and 265 no terra

he had dual 350s :O

i colonised the northern most system for dilith, and conquered andor for morale with the tt i'd built turn 2.., he just had the 1 starting dilith

final systems was 2 dilith out of 5 for me, 1 out of 3 for him

look forward to our game Pigman :) low tech is fine by me! I've been practicing my skillz in single player on t2 as fed and as rom in preparation for you going fergs :D
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Hi RSE_Dissy

Thanks for filling in details.

Good that you've been practicing other Techs, but I've been looking again and tempted by either Fergs or Feds at Tech 3. To be honest, I rarely play out of T5 normally.

To be honest you probably won't need much practice against an old fart like me!

See how I've moved from T1 to T2 and now T3. By the time we play I may be up to T5 anyway!

Well done for your win though and I'm looking forward to our game as well.

Regards

Pigman

Return to “Multiplayer Games”