SEASON 09/10 DISCUSSION THREAD....

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

SEASON 09/10 DISCUSSION THREAD....

Post by jonboylondon »

I thought id open this with a few thoughts for future 09/10 tornaments using same points format with a bit of a twist...

---------

Clan Wars.... 3 of each clans best do battle in mp 3 single games then two mp games (each playing two games)..clan with most points wins... 8O

Tag Team Tornament - Pair up with a partner and duke it out (no two seeds together) will you fight in clans or mix it up??? 8O (Dissy and goop suggested something similar)

AI PUMPED MP- MP at tech below the AI you must face a battle on more than one front....

T1 No Minors:Colonial Wars - There are dedicated T1 and low tech players - this ones for you....

3 WAY FFA
- Lose get 1 point, come second get 2, win get 4... 8O

JBL

:P
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Hi JBL

Not sure I really understand the Clan Wars option.

Tag Team Tournament - Great idea

AI PUMPED MP - Really great idea (especially on impossible)

T1 No Minors:Colonial Wars - Don't like not having Minors, but some may like it

3 WAY FFA - Yep, could be good, will be interesting to have three way games

Again, my concern is offer too many options and water down participation, or maybe it'll increase?

Regards

Pigman
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

Clan wars: Sounds good

Tag Team: Sounds good

AI: hmm, not interested in concentrating on AI. I play MP to play humans only. :)

T1: T1 is fun, but may not be practical as games will be long.

3 way: Doesn't work. 1 person fights 2nd person, 3 person sits it out then cleans up. Or, it ends up being a 2vs1 unintentionally.

Edit: On clan wars, you say 3 best of each, RSE has only 2 active, unless mickar would come on our team since he is minority too (a sir). :)
FATIGUES
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by FATIGUES »

I like all of your ideas here Jon.

P.S. Are ya still makin potato's? :wink:
FATIGUES
Duty, Honor, and Dedication
"Give'em Hell..."
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

Clan wars: How many clans are there with 3 members? I'm only one, a Sir. But just for fun, I declare WAR against all other clans!!!:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Tag team: I love team games, sign me up.

AI: I can play single if I want to battle the computer, mp is against humans.

T1 no minors: Long games but sign me up.

3 way ffa: 3 way games suck, chris already said why.
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

I think some mis-understand the AI will only be at tech above, you will still be mp against human players.... just will add a diferent perspective... :wink:

JBL
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Hi JBL

You said
I think some mis-understand the AI will only be at tech above, you will still be mp against human players.... just will add a diferent perspective...
RSE_Chris said
AI: hmm, not interested in concentrating on AI. I play MP to play humans only.
mickar said
AI: I can play single if I want to battle the computer, mp is against humans.
To your original suggestion of
AI PUMPED MP- MP at tech below the AI you must face a battle on more than one front....
Forgive me for speaking on your behalf gentlemen, but JBL, I believe they fully understand what you mean and don't want to play games where the AI has that much influence/impact. Hope I've got that right guys.

I said
AI PUMPED MP - Really great idea (especially on impossible)
Maybe I was rash, but I think it would be fun and certainly more of a challenge, however the AI may not have the same impact on both players so it may not be a very even or fair game, but I still like the idea.

Just my thoughts

Regards

Pigman
jigalypuff
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by jigalypuff »

Had my first mp game in years yesterday with carcher, going to finish it today. I doubt it`ll take long now i know how large his fleet is :) He is currently outnumbered 3 to 1 :)

I had forgotten how great this game is against people, so i`m up for this tourny.

As the sole survivor of the remnant clan Sir_mickars declaration is taken up, well do i recall the carnage wrought by the Sir`s on the zone :)
Vengance shall be mine.
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

Yes Pigman, you're correct.
jigalypuff wrote:Had my first mp game in years yesterday with carcher, going to finish it today. I doubt it`ll take long now i know how large his fleet is :) He is currently outnumbered 3 to 1 :)

I had forgotten how great this game is against people, so i`m up for this tourny.

As the sole survivor of the remnant clan Sir_mickars declaration is taken up, well do i recall the carnage wrought by the Sir`s on the zone :)
Vengance shall be mine.
Great, welcome back to MP. :D
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

we need stability..
we should decide on a normal tournament structure (cup) format, and have a on going ladder system which is continual, with rankings similar to chess @ yahoo, start at 1500 rise upwards as you win, and fall as you loose, this is how ladder scores still work afaik...

the ladder would be easy (VERY easy) to set up and they would do all the math, so no work for us -> Just signing up!

but seriously, we're overcomplicating things and with non finished tournies in history , stability, for a few seasons, would be prudent..

i'd just like to stress caution in doing something that seems quite complicated, as the current tournie system is working OK(bar afew mishaps).

a ladder system would be brilliant, as it'll be open to any mod/any tech/any setting and would be continuous so all who play all mods could compete.

this can run simultaneously as rotating mod tournaments (cup) systems

stabilty ftw
simplicity ftw

at least for now

this post also is of signifiance to jbl's other thread

peace&love guys
Dissy of Red Squad Elite;

The Elite Gaming Clan of the MSN Gaming Zone

Peace, Love & Unity
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

good to see your back jig btw!

oh and my above post would prlly be better suited in that other thread sorry :s

um thunder could move?

peace&love

edit; man i said stability alot in that above post didnt i .. as if! heh! yea well ignore AI, mp vs 1v1 ai not a factor btw plz:p
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

oh adendum

clan wars: there are no clans, just players that play under the same flag. a clan is more than 20 people surely? so nono there!

tag team: as in 2v2? sounds fine ye its a good idea to do a 2v2 tournie.

AI better: not really necessary , mostly superficial, they will turn tide (possibily) during war with intelligent human - or not and just be rubbish, they always rubbish, can't see your weak spots
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

RSE_Dissy wrote:
clan wars: there are no clans, just players that play under the same flag. a clan is more than 20 people surely? so nono there!
Does it really matter? I think it's just about creating some challenges between the various people under certain tags, 'tag pride' perhaps? :P

The only prob is there are some minorities (like us) so maybe people would have to join forces, but I suppose then there isn't much point it being called a clan/tag war.

Although anything is good to get more games being played.

Return to “Multiplayer Games”