Major race affiliation

BOTF Strategy Guide

Moderator: thunderchero

EmptyH
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Major race affiliation

Post by EmptyH »

How often do you guys form Affiliations with major races?

I just started a new game after not playing for a few years and somehow convinced the Romulans to join with me as the Federation. This has never happened before and I was wondering how often it actually happens.

Romulans had spawned in bottom left and me top middle left. I expanded all the way down and basically cut them off from the rest of the galaxy. I thought this would upset them, so I left them a few places further left to expand and didn't push against minor races on their border. Around turn 130 they were worshipful of me and offered affiliation. It was pretty sweet.
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Re: Major race affiliation

Post by Martok »

I've received offers for affiliation from majors in pretty much every game I've ever played, so I'd say it's fairly common.

What's odd, however, is that while they'll happily offer affiliation treaties to me, and AI empires will sign affiliation deals each other, the AI rarely accepts affiliation treaties when *I* offer it to them. It's as if they need to the one asking, not me.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
EmptyH
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by EmptyH »

Is an Affiliation something they can break? Basically, should I still worry about the Romulans stabbing me in the back?
Axis
Captain
Captain

Post by Axis »

I recall there was some difficulty with trying to break that affiliation in my games, but that was years ago, haven't actually played it in a while.
Impress the Empress.

Return to “BOTF Strategy Guide”