BOTF Strategy Guide

Moderator: thunderchero

NayThanLok
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

How to end a War

Post by NayThanLok »

Hi,

I’m having the best game I’ve ever played. But does anyone have any advice please to stop me throwing money away.

I’m at War with all Empires and can easily fend off attack. But how do you end the War?

I’ve offered credits till they literally tell me to stop.
I’ve left their space and avoided all contact - eventually you get a statement saying you are no longer worth it - but you still remain at a war status and they still remain enraged at you.

Any suggestions please?
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Re: How to end a War

Post by Martok »

Unfortunately, the AI in BOTF tends to not recognize when it's beaten. As such, often times the only way to "end" a war is by conquering the other empire into submission. Occasionally, it will be smart enough to sue for peace after losing only a system or two, but in my experience, that's the exception to the rule.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
NayThanLok
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by NayThanLok »

Thanks - oh well, annihilation it is then
slickrcbd
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by slickrcbd »

My own experience is that once you get significantly more powerful than the next strongest race by the metrics on the intelligence screen (which is not necessarily truly stronger, depending on what structures you've built, you get into a situation where every other AI race that isn't already allied with you sees you as a threat and hates you. I've also conquered every dilithium-containing world in an enemy, reduced them to two to four small systems with low population, and been unable to make peace with them even though they have no way to make more ships in order to win (and AFAIKT they have no ships left).
I think the "stronger" can apply economically and militarily. Also if the AI sees you're close to winning the game in a domination match.

Return to “BOTF Strategy Guide”