Trade Help!

BOTF Strategy Guide

Moderator: thunderchero

Elim
Ensign
Ensign

Trade Help!

Post by Elim »

Greetings and salutations! I am new to the game and to these forums. I seem to be running into problems with the economic side of the game. I build a nice empire, with plenty of ships, but next thing I know, I am running out of money and my entire empire ceases to function.

I wonder, therefore, if anyone could give me a description of trade and economics works in the game?
DOT
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by DOT »

You need credits to maintenance your fleet. If you build too much ships, maintenance costs are getting higher than your empire income. If you run out of credits you cannot build anything until you are out of negative credits again.
You can see on left upper empire info your aviable credits and turn by turn income. When turn by turn income start decreasing (or even drops into negative value), you have build more ships than your actual empire population can support.
Then you have to decide what to do: - friendship threatment with another major/minor to gain trade credits and doing so increase turn by turn income, colonize new planets or terraform all planets in systems of your empire (which increases empire pop and so increases turn by turn income) or scrap some ships, scrap unneeded outposts or star bases) or have some systems producing trade goods (lowest effect).
life long and prosper
Elim
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Elim »

So negotiating with other powers to open trade avenues stimulates income without the assignation of trade goods? Or do trade treaties automatically increase commerce and trade goods/assigned trade routes between planets merely constituting a sort of "bonus?"
Just plain, simple, Garak.
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

if your in negative credits per turn, simply scrap a ship at a shipyard whenever you cash to keep you affloat, this will allow you to maintain a much larger fleet on say -800 creds per turn, yet your scrapping a scout every other turn so you stay afloat while your big fleet conquers your enemies.

each system gives you a credit output, more systems more money, simple as that!
Dissy of Red Squad Elite;

The Elite Gaming Clan of the MSN Gaming Zone

Peace, Love & Unity
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

ohh in terms of trade goods, they dont really do much afaik...maybe a lil, but ignore trade goods, simply assign trade routes for your income, and make alot of systems! usually you have alot more important things to make on systems other than trade goods, and you shud always be lookin to improve your systems infrastructure, so ignore trade goods.

if you notice your getting close to your +1 credit per turn limit, stop building some ships, and focus on infrastructure for abit or make some colonies/conquer some ppl. that'll keep you afloat.
Dissy of Red Squad Elite;

The Elite Gaming Clan of the MSN Gaming Zone

Peace, Love & Unity
Oskatat
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Oskatat »

sorry for resurrecting this

no, having a trade treaty with any race doesnt benefit you unless you make a trade route (see the economics (or trade) tab). having trade relations, or friendly with minors, doesnt help a bit unless you establish an actual route, and you have a limited number of these

Return to “BOTF Strategy Guide”