conquering home planets of an empire

BOTF Strategy Guide

Moderator: thunderchero

kylroy
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

conquering home planets of an empire

Post by kylroy »

After fighting down the klingons and reducing them to just 4 systems, I discovered a giant fleet of 90! modernized K'Tinga class battlecruisers. 8O

being aware that I could assemble just about 25 ships in time I decided to go for the heart of the klingon empire, Qo'nos. I destroyed the starbase, attacked the planet and conquered the system. As silly as I might be I thought the klingon empire would cease to exist after that (the last time I played this game was about 10 years ago, but I was sure you could destroy an empire by conquering the home world). But they still continue being the klingon empire. how dare they? :(

am I wrong now? do I have to conquer all klingon colonies, too?

please enlighten me.

oh, btw: I'm using the All The Ages mod.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Yes, you must conquer all systems under klingon control even minors they have as members. Remember they could re-take Qo'nos... lol

although I have take all of an empires systems but one minor then stole that minor away then the empire was gone with out any battles :wink:

thunderchero
kylroy
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by kylroy »

ah, thanx. that clears it up. :)

it's no biggy for my game. I managed to set a trap for the klingon fleet at Qo'nos and destroyed about half of their fleet while just losing a dozen ships myself. I can handle the rest. So I guess there will be some invasion duty for the Federation in the near future. ;)
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

thunderchero wrote:Yes, you must conquer all systems under klingon control even minors they have as members. Remember they could re-take Qo'nos... lol

although I have take all of an empires systems but one minor then stole that minor away then the empire was gone with out any battles :wink:

thunderchero
Bribery and intel .... aren't they sooo good? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
eprahsnada
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by eprahsnada »

It gives command and conquer a more appropriate meaning! Keep up the good work my battle-ready Cadet (2nd year)

^^

Eprahsnada
Do you think starships have industrial window wipers? I mean, a space-bug hitting the viewscreen at warp 5 will make one HELL of a mess!
kylroy
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by kylroy »

eprahsnada wrote:It gives command and conquer a more appropriate meaning! Keep up the good work my battle-ready Cadet (2nd year)

^^

Eprahsnada
my thanks. although after mastering Master Of Orion 2/Klingon Academy and even winning BotF several times 10 years ago, I don't really feel like some cadet. more like some redrafted officer who forgot a whole bunch of things... :lol:
Last edited by kylroy on Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
eprahsnada
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by eprahsnada »

Like an old war dog stepping out of retirement for one final blood rushing thrill of total control and annihilation of your many foes. God damn they should make BOTF again, make it bigger and with better graphics. Don't make it after star trek XI though, just remake and regraphic BOTF 1 by making it bigger and with more things going on.

Then you can be a true overlord by having more interesting races and major empires to destroy.

Eprahsnada
Do you think starships have industrial window wipers? I mean, a space-bug hitting the viewscreen at warp 5 will make one HELL of a mess!
kylroy
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by kylroy »

... amen to that, brother.
eprahsnada
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by eprahsnada »

Yeah it is a shame that Bethesda havnt had any decent star trek ideas, except for legacy, which seemed to fail really after trying to do so much on the game but not really achieving much except too powerful graphics and lots of crashing, especially the XBOX 360 version.
Last edited by eprahsnada on Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
kylroy
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by kylroy »

btw. aren't there any mods which make Legacy an interesting game nonetheless? I heard there are some big things in the making, some time ago.
eprahsnada
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by eprahsnada »

There are a few ship mods ive seen on legacy, such as adding an American commercial airliner and other ship models, but I cannot remember where i found them. the screenshot was hilarious.
kylroy
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by kylroy »

that seems indeed funny (and absurd), but I was talking about some more like total conversions or a big gameplay changing mod.

I will investigate... 8)

Return to “BOTF Strategy Guide”