How do i start an all out war?

BOTF Strategy Guide

Moderator: thunderchero

tutankhaten
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

How do i start an all out war?

Post by tutankhaten »

I've been playing BOTF and many of the mods for years now and, not to sound too arrogant, but i'm finding it quite easy to play and win even at the 'impossible level'. I was wondering if there was any way to make them attack me a lot and start a proper war, because i've found that unless i initiate a war then they will rarely attack. Is there any way to get them to either start an all out war with me or to just have a proper war, where both sides attack eachother a lot, like real wars?

Thanx
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

keep making unreasonable demands
tutankhaten
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by tutankhaten »

Hi, do you mean demanding money, for example?

And if so, will that provoke them enough to start a 'proper war', by whitch i mean a war where they invade and attempt to conquer?
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

scrap some of your ships - become weaker in the AI's eyes. Then it'll attack you.
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

it happens to me, when i am becoming more powerfull, with a lot of systems, and not too many ships, or at least my fleet isn´t the sice that should be to defende every and each systems, well... all the empires declare war on my, despite my best to make good relationship with them, but what they can´t imagine of course, is that with my amount of system, i can create a huge fleet in a short time and destroy them.

Live long and prosper
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

This is why single-player games are inferior to multi-player games.

Try playing a human instead of 'artificial' intelligence. :roll: :roll: :roll:
tutankhaten
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by tutankhaten »

I want to play botf with my uncle, however we are unsure if we need three computers, a host computer, and one for each of us. When i looked through the forums it seemed that this wasn't the case, but i would like confirmation that we do not require an extra computer to play a multi-player game.

Thanx
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

no, just hook up two computers via cable, ip direct, works well... mp is totally worth it
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
eprahsnada
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by eprahsnada »

tutankhaten wrote:Hi, do you mean demanding money, for example?

And if so, will that provoke them enough to start a 'proper war', by whitch i mean a war where they invade and attempt to conquer?

I found that sometimes that doesnt do anything, I once spent 50 turns trying to demand stuff from them and they kept taking it. I had them down to enraged whilst in a non-agression and they just wouldnt break it, other times im trying to be friends and they just dont want it or accept and then break immediately.

The only attacking I find against AI is small fleets of (usually)Ferengi light Raiders (about 4 or 5) who go after outposts and then maybe retreat or destroy it and then keep raiding my outer rim systems, with the rare raid inside my space. As soon as they see a small fleet approaching they sod off.

Perhaps I should try and make myself seem weak as well so they might be tempted to conquer...or try anyway :wink:
Do you think starships have industrial window wipers? I mean, a space-bug hitting the viewscreen at warp 5 will make one HELL of a mess!
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

KrazeeXXL was correct. You need to scrap ships so you're weaker in the eyes of the AI.

An alternative would be to just declare on them? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Mumby
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Mumby »

Raiding neutral empires with fast attack ships also pisses them off

Return to “BOTF Strategy Guide”