question

BOTF Strategy Guide

Moderator: thunderchero

Dimili
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

question

Post by Dimili »

Hi i have a question i am a big fan of BOTF and love playing this game, i like to build huge territory and have fun with it especially long games. But theres sometthing i just dont understand about the game. Why is it that the AI just randomly declares war on me, like all of them at one time, there break there treaties etc at some point in the game just to go after me. Theres once where i barely met the Dominion after avoiding them as much as I could and the next turn they declare war on me i was like seriously???
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Re: question

Post by Martok »

Unfortunately, that's simply a symptom of the AI, one of the game's biggest weaknesses. It does that sort of thing on a regular basis.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

also I would guess this happened

you had low relations with dominion but dominion had very good relations with cards. The cards and you were at war, and cards asked dominion to declare war on you and gave dominion big credits to do so.

thunderchero
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

The AI is much more aggressive in UDM so if u dont have a fleet that is stronger than your opponents when you meet they will deem you not worthy so to speak and relationship will go negative real quick. Try starting on a lower difficulty then what you normally play at or a higher tech start so you can build command ships right away. Having a few Explorers or Command Cruisers before expanding too quick will help keep them at bay. That said don't neglect you intel buildings either get them built and powered to act as a buffer against early intel attacks especially against Romulans and Cardassians.

And of course the Dominion are good all around.

Return to “BOTF Strategy Guide”