Question About Ram Avoidance

BOTF Strategy Guide

Moderator: thunderchero

Storko
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Question About Ram Avoidance

Post by Storko »

If I am playing the Klingons and fighting the Cardassians, are there various options to avoid being rammed or is the 'evade' command always going to be the best choice? Can 'circle' or 'flyby' be effective also? I was just thinking about what various strategies could work to my advantage as to where I avoid being rammed and still get maximum firepower directed at the ship trying to ram me. I also don't know if the options would change much if you are a 'battleship' class ship avoiding a 'destroyer' and so forth (of course the smaller ships should be more maneuverable). The reason I ask is that things don't always work as advertised, so can anyone share their experiences concerning this? Thanks in advance.
gentle
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Re: Question About Ram Avoidance

Post by gentle »

Yeah, splendid stuff this ram thing, makes you wanna sue God :) My response to the "ruthless" ramming is either using circle or flyby command or use of single ship commands who allow the spread of your fleet. A bigger fleet is always an advantage. And, for the mods where destroyers and strike cruisers are not completely useless, having a 3 pack of different type of ships is always a winner.. while opponent CC are busy ramming your CC, the destroyers may harass from small distance and strike cruisers assault from a safe distance. Also, i always use assault command instead of charge, at the early stage of a fight where ram may appear.
Storko
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Re: Question About Ram Avoidance

Post by Storko »

Thanks for the reply gentle, the information is helpful.

Return to “BOTF Strategy Guide”