BOTF Strategy Guide

Moderator: thunderchero

Korgeta
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Hall of Fame rank

Post by Korgeta »

Hi,

The ultimate challenge of the game is to be 'king of the moutain' the one with the highest points in the hallf of Fame. I never really understood how it worked, when playing on the unmod botf I played federation twice, 1 with domination and one with conquest ending. they were only a turn apart and the conquest that had a turn more was below the domination ending. It was a old file and no longer have it with me but case in point the score system is a poorly understood one as the game instructions dosen't give an idea what makes up a good score.

So what determines a score rank (or a best one?) is there a max score system the game can allow.

Also do the following:

Turns
Systems
Conquest/membership
research
Intel
Fleet strength

Play a part in the score system. What should a player be looking at to achieve in the game to get the best score in the hall of fame?
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Re: Hall of Fame rank

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Korgeta wrote:What should a player be looking at to achieve in the game to get the best score in the hall of fame?
Still partially unexplored. Some info on intel screen scores can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2291

IIRC starting at tech 1, impossible, large map, acquiring / developing as many systems as possible maximizes the end-score. Abusing the upgrade & scrap exploit, the minor evolution bias via bribing and continuing the game even after the AI surrender message, it's a very simple (and boring) task.
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
QuasarDonkey
Code Analyst
Code Analyst

Post by QuasarDonkey »

Or you could just cheat and edit the score file. :)
Mumby
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Mumby »

On top of whats already been said I always believed credits per turn (at the end of the game) played a factor in your hall of fame score..

Return to “BOTF Strategy Guide”