Question about minor races (w/ UDM III)

BOTF Strategy Guide

Moderator: thunderchero

Saijen1085
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Question about minor races (w/ UDM III)

Post by Saijen1085 »

Hey guys. I'm a new user to the forums and site but have been a long time player of botf. I was really excited when I found the UDM, because not only does it expand the great game that botf is, but seems to have stabilize it for me as well. I have had ZERO crashes since installing it, no matter what part of the game I've tested, so really big kudos to the devs from me. :)

One question though regarding minor races. Has the difficulty to bribe them been increased? I find it almost impossible to bribe a minor race that has joined one of the other major powers through diplomacy, even if they are worshipful of me and I'm playing as the Feds (which is the power I mostly play as). I've even tried changing up the message format of the bribe to test all 3, and none of them seem to work.

Any ideas or am I missing something??? Any help would be appreciated.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Question about minor races (w/ UDM III)

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Saijen1085,

welcome to forum.
Saijen1085 wrote: Has the difficulty to bribe them been increased?
No, but the effect each gift that is given has less effect. So use max gifts wait until it is completely worshipful then give a couple more gifts before you try to bribe them. but be warned if AI is giving them gifts too it may still fail since AI gifts have greater effect.

thunderchero
Saijen1085
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Saijen1085 »

Thanks for the response Thunder!

Does it also still matter which "form" of the bribes get sent still? I currently have 4 minors all at full worshipful and have been trying to bribe them but have been unsuccessful no matter which format the bribe is in. I'll try a few more gifts like you suggested though.
Saijen1085
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Saijen1085 »

Well you don't have to answer that last part if you don't want to.

A few more turns of gifts and then they all accepted the bribes. I guess even if the relationship bar shows full worshipful, it still takes a few more gifts for them to be considered at full favor due to the diminished effect of gifts.

Thanks for the advice! Looking forward to more installments of this mod if/when they come!! :)
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

Saijen1085 wrote:Well you don't have to answer that last part if you don't want to.

A few more turns of gifts and then they all accepted the bribes. I guess even if the relationship bar shows full worshipful, it still takes a few more gifts for them to be considered at full favor due to the diminished effect of gifts.

Thanks for the advice! Looking forward to more installments of this mod if/when they come!! :)
The way i see it:
When you bribe them the faction they are affiliated/membered, with loses a bit of favor with them; so even though you just got them full worshipful with you their current major friend is still very much in their favor; that's why you need a few more turns of gifts; so they stay worshipful to you and they become less than that to their current major; then they will accept the bribe. Just don't skip turn between gifts; that will allow their current major friend to rebuild favor with them.

Also more money in the gift, more favor gained; so always plan ahead to have enough money for full gifts. And (in some mods) don't build the "Communication Center" - the building that increases bribe resistance; that will make the minor more expensive to bribe but also the briber gets the opportunity to give larger gifts and so gain favor much faster.

Return to “BOTF Strategy Guide”