Can you transfer Population?

BOTF Strategy Guide

Moderator: thunderchero

Zoot12
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Can you transfer Population?

Post by Zoot12 »

Is there a way to transfer (Civilian) Population from one of your Systems to another?
Is there a variance or limit to how "full" you can load a Troop Transport?
Can Troop Transports be used to simply transfer "Civilians" from one System to another?
Am I too used to MOO transports? :roll:
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Can you transfer Population?

Post by thunderchero »

No
No
No

thunderchero
Zoot12
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Zoot12 »

Thankx again for your help...
pal28
Commander
Commander

Post by pal28 »

thunderchero wrote:No
No
No

thunderchero
lol tc
When will we have another Enterprise-E?
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

I do think it would be cool if you could say load x population into a troop transport and send them to another planet. It is to bad you can't perform this action. I have stated it before, along with others, but if BotF2 was ever made sharing resources should be one of the features. At least certain resources like food and industry as energy doesn't make sense.
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
RomSurprise
Ensign
Ensign

Post by RomSurprise »

While there's no way to transfer population, there are ways to speed up population growth that I only learned when I read through the forums here. For years I just provided minimum farms to keep my existing population alive, counting on the few percent growth. In a system with 100 population at 2%, that's 2 per year.

But growth is applied to the average of your population and food production (with a cap of the system capacity). Bringing your food production up to the system's limit (let's say that's 350) means much faster growth: average of 100 and 350 is 225. You more than double your growth by producing extra food in this situation, and grow at 4 or 5 population per year.

You can't transfer population, but make sure you provide as much food as you can to speed up their growth.
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

RomSurprise wrote:While there's no way to transfer population, there are ways to speed up population growth that I only learned when I read through the forums here. For years I just provided minimum farms to keep my existing population alive, counting on the few percent growth. In a system with 100 population at 2%, that's 2 per year.

But growth is applied to the average of your population and food production (with a cap of the system capacity). Bringing your food production up to the system's limit (let's say that's 350) means much faster growth: average of 100 and 350 is 225. You more than double your growth by producing extra food in this situation, and grow at 4 or 5 population per year.

You can't transfer population, but make sure you provide as much food as you can to speed up their growth.
Awesome! i noticed the growth was more than the x% of the current population, more than it would have been explained by rounding; but i did not know that food production influenced that; thanks Rom.
kawless
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by kawless »

Jack up the population of all class M planets to 2300, you'll have explosive growth.

Return to “BOTF Strategy Guide”